London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
20/10/2013 at 19:43

Thought it looked like one - I wonder how long it'll stay looking that good through the winter - they often turn yellowish if the curd isn't covered by the leaves.  Would you like to keep popping back and give us some updates Gg? 

Loadsa cake left SGLily - nope he didn't get the bubblewrap - think we'll be getting a big roll of the 1.5m wide stuff - he'd be pushed bringing that back on his bike 

20/10/2013 at 19:53

OK what sort of updates -

did not buy any of those planters just took a photo, do sneekly take photos in GC like to get all ideas as much as possible and take photos of plants I would like to buy but don't know where I would put them in the garden so on record on computer

hope all the plants I have ordered will arrive not to far off to get them planted out

20/10/2013 at 19:57

I was thinking maybe time-lapse photography showing whether or not the cauli changes colour over the winter - or maybe that's asking a bit much  

20/10/2013 at 20:04

Like fidgetbones I've spent most of the day shredding.  Cut back most of the wild hedge - mainly hawthorn with wild roses, ash saplings and crab apple growing through.  Don't know what I'd do without the shredder - the wild roses and hawthorn are lethal!  Rain stopped play though, so need to be careful if I go out in the evenings next week as I the path and border by the hedge is now covered in piles of very prickly clippings!  I don't know what type of wild roses they are but the stems grow 15-20 feet tall before falling over sideways.  One used to grow nearly to the top of a 70ft Ash tree before that was blown down a few years ago!

20/10/2013 at 20:04

Thanks Swiss Sue and also Verdun for the Canna site.  I've had a look and they all so gorgeous - where do you begin.  I notice that there are 'water cannas' which would look lovely in the  pond area. 

20/10/2013 at 20:34

I tried growing a canna for the first time this year - a deep black-red one as a centre-piece for a tub on our west-facing front porch - it wasn't at all happy and didn't do well. 

20/10/2013 at 20:56

Kef, the leftovers, plus carrot, parsnips, red onion, leeks and green beans made a sheperds pie that will last me 3 days. leek mash on top..... fry ( saute?) thinly sliced leek in butter until soft, add everything to mashed potatoes and stir. Cooked on top the leeks colour up and have a lovely flavour.

KEF
20/10/2013 at 21:02

Woody. Bet you didn't have M's gravy with it  I've had to have a glass of cranberry to get shut of taste even after cleaning my teeth. Maybe it should be sold as a diet product, 2 spoonsful a day and you don't eat until next day.

20/10/2013 at 21:06

KEF that does sound truly appalling!  

I'm going to doze on the sofa - OH is watching The Office - I'll prop my eyes open but I'll be falling asleep  - see you in the morning folks - sweet dreams 

20/10/2013 at 21:19

cleared two beds today . moved some plants to over winter in  a sheltered bed, put some  spuds  in  store  for christmas.  lamb  for lunch 

KEF
20/10/2013 at 21:28

Archie bet you didn't have M's gravy

Right I'll let it drop, you all get the picture.  Off to bed now see you all tomoz, sweet dreams..hopefully not about gravy    oops

20/10/2013 at 21:47

Not a great deal done here today, got some great music on and I'm cooking tea.......makes a change

20/10/2013 at 21:56

KEF, I used Waitrose lamb gravy, the only prepared ingredient but to be recommended. I had friends for dinner and I didn't want to be faffing about at the last minute. I had some left over for the pie.

20/10/2013 at 22:40

Kef, I got a fat separator from Lakeland, then you can have the meat juices without the fat.

20/10/2013 at 22:40

Off to see daughter No 1 tomorrow & 3 small grandsons. 2 days. Don't know if I'll have time to post on here. Probably help her with gardening. She planted lots of roses in the spring, mostly climbers and she grows veggies. Very keen on healthy diet and beautifully slim, unlike her mother! - the slim bit, not the healthy diet.

OH not coming, looking after animals. Made him a chicken and leek pie.

21/10/2013 at 00:03

Nite nite everyone work tomorrow

21/10/2013 at 06:16

Good morning all 

Bit of a puzzlement this morning - what am I best to do?  Now that Brumbull's resurrected the Morning Forkers shall I post on there and let this thread die a death?  I only started it because I was asked to.

21/10/2013 at 06:23

Oh - right - I hadn't read what Brumbull had put on his Morning Forkers posting this morning - well that makes it very clear doesn't it?  That's his thread and he really doesn't want me to post on it.

This thread may bear my name, but I started it on everyone's behalf because I was asked to do so by Verdun and others - it is not my thread it is everyones and as I've always said it's open to all.  

It's for you to decide what you want to do about it ....

21/10/2013 at 06:46
Morning All. Getting a cup of tea delivered in bed!! Then off to the train station - might catch up with you all again when i am on my travels.

Happy Trafalgar Day to eveyone
21/10/2013 at 06:50

Morning Chicky   

Is it?  And here's me living in Nelson's Own County - we should run a flag up the mast 

Tea in bed!!!  There's decadence for you