Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing

21/10/2013 at 07:26

Hello FORKERS.

Windy, wet and very warm.

Early start...have chauffeuring duties 

Keep cosy today everyone 

21/10/2013 at 07:32

Good morning Verdun and PottyG 

It seems warm here too Verdun - it'll soon be bonfire night and no need for woolly hats and mittens yet!

Travel safely 

21/10/2013 at 07:55

Morning all. Damp here but not too cold. Back to work today after my week off. Have done lots outside but a large lump of concrete has defeated me so some re jigging of plans is required.

Trafalgar Day you say chicky -  do I need to buy a boat?

Dove - I may need mittens at work  as it's so b****y cold in there 

21/10/2013 at 08:05

Morning fairy.  Can that lump of concrete not be broken up?  Or can ??ou utilise it in some constructive  way?  

21/10/2013 at 08:11

Morning all,

I am going to stick to this one thread ,it is so much easier than Morning and Evening forkers,so...........

HELLO FORKERS.........

21/10/2013 at 08:13

Morning all, thought I was on this thread but on morning one! Off to work see you all later, oooh left you a reminder on other thread dove  byeeeee

KEF
21/10/2013 at 08:17

Hello all. 11C but damp and miserable, had heavy rain overnight.

Lump of concrete, did you find it buried in the garden fairy? Don't you be trying to break it and do yourself a mischief.

Don't know what I'm going to do today, it should be HW but I might manage to find something to avoid doing it

Keep dry & warm.

21/10/2013 at 08:21

Concrete's buried along the back fence and I've no chance of getting it out unless I get a digger. The water's draining but I don't want to put in the planting I had planned in case it gets waterlogged.

Will rethink it - it's only at one end so I might do a much higher raised bed like the new ones I've done at the side fence but for the moment, Dad's pot is sitting there.

Off to work now - catch up later 

21/10/2013 at 08:45
That's the spirit fairy - good bit of lateral thinking there. Just means a bit more construction before the planting can begin - but at least you discovered it before all your plants were already in.
21/10/2013 at 08:45

I will stick to this thread, far less complicated.

Off to daughter this morning.

21/10/2013 at 08:49

I am very confused.{ according to OH this is my normal state } I dont know where I should be posting. I thought the new Hello forkers was a great idea and that everyone seemed to think this was the way forward.

I cant believe that we can make such a mountain out of something so simple. Can anyone who uses another forum let me know where to find it please.

Good luck on here to one and all, I thought you seemed like very nice people and offered kind words when things were not going well for me.

21/10/2013 at 08:57

Morning punkdoc

Im disappointed too.  

21/10/2013 at 10:06

Hi Chicky, I have tea in bed everyday... only drawback is I have to get it. Stems from the day I had a "teasmade" gadget. They are quite good except they cough and splutter for about 20 minutes as they heat up, and in that time you can go downstairs and cook a full English!!

Welcome to all newcomers and those who are migrating to this thread... seems to make sense to me, but then what would I know?

21/10/2013 at 10:10

Morning everyone.

I hope we are not going to have falling outs again. I find this thread great as I didn't always get round to reading both the evening and morning threads. So much easier when there's just one place to find you all.

Really warm for time of year. What is Verdun's (Michael Fish) forcast for the winter?

21/10/2013 at 10:33

Fairygirl, i'd leave the concrete lump and work around it. Think of your back. You never know what Verduns buried under the patio, burglars, ex- women ........

I've got instructions to wait in for a delivery for OH.. Well I'm not going out in that downpour anyway.

21/10/2013 at 11:54

Posting to bump this thread back up again.

KEF
21/10/2013 at 11:58

Punkdoc sad to see you go. There are quite a few gardening forums, I've been looking at a few over the last few days. I'm happy here and don't intend leaving & did see all sorts but didn't find any forum more interesting than this. Stay well  Maybe pop in from time to time

21/10/2013 at 12:01

Oh dear,we are going to loose more "nice" people unless this sorts itself out.What a shame

21/10/2013 at 13:25

Hello everyone, been out, got the weekly shop in........at least that's done, hate food shopping. Not going out again today.........it's still raining