London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
21/10/2013 at 17:29

red crab

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/32796.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

robber crab

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/32797.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

21/10/2013 at 17:30

Ok. I have had a look at some other forums and they dont look nearly as good as this one. So Im staying if you will have me.

This talk of crabs reminds me that many years ago I was crewing on a boat in the Seychelles. Back then they were pretty undeveloped. One day we sailed past a place called Lazio bay and could see a little shack behind some palm trees. The breakers on the beach were too large to attempt to bring the boat in. Rather than get the inflatable out to see what was on the beach the skipper decided to send the most expendable member of the crew overboard.

Having swum ashore and nearly drowned, I was met by some friendly locals offering beer. Eventually the rest of the crew came ashore in the dingy and we spent a great afternoon eating a fantastic crab curry.

21/10/2013 at 17:34

Glad you have decided to stay Punkdoc.

Look forward to some grown up chat on this thread.

Love crab pictures Fidgetbones

21/10/2013 at 17:34

Hi punkdoc. Miserable, still raining

KEF
21/10/2013 at 17:37

Punkdoc that sounds brill. I went white water rafting a few years ago and the expendable one got thrown overboard to show how well they rescued people. Only girlie on board & they chucked me overboard. Black & blue before we'd been on the water 10 mins. But alas no beer that day.

21/10/2013 at 17:37

That's great punkdoc. Not because of you but I considered leaving the forum too.  

21/10/2013 at 17:44

Hello evryone

Haven't been here for  few days and there seems to have been an upset, 

I woud like to stay here, so much easier than lots of different ones

I left once because of stuff, don't want to do so again as I value the vast knowledge that there is here.

21/10/2013 at 17:50
21/10/2013 at 18:05

Wow Fidget, that video is amazing 

21/10/2013 at 18:08

I feel better already. Chatting about "stuff" then throw in some gardening once any of us can actually get outside. What more do you need?....... Well actually cake and alcohol.

Cooking cod and chorizo stew for tea so maybe a nice bottle riesling?

21/10/2013 at 18:11

Chicken, kale , and a bottle of chenin blanc.

Picking kale was the nearest I got to gardening today. Its very soggy out there.

21/10/2013 at 18:15

roast chicken, roast pots, carrotts and sprouts from the garden and rice pudding to finish

21/10/2013 at 18:16

and its still raining

KEF
21/10/2013 at 18:25

Just had mine. Shephard's pie Woody style with steamed cabbage.

21/10/2013 at 18:45

Hello all - been out getting curtain stuff . No cakes I'm afraid ...no alcopops either - not in this house. T-total -ly.

All this talk of food....making a chickeny thing with tomatoes and courgettes and Moroccan spices. Might be vile but at least there's no Morrison's gravy in it KEF ...

Woody'- it sounds lovely and I don't even like lamb! As for crab.....just like eating it 

The concrete is a big piece so  I'll just have to tolerate it's presence. Such is life.

pd-  

21/10/2013 at 18:46

I'm going out for my tea - and its a Monday too !!  Curry with the family - my favourite.  See you all in the morning - well if you are early enough to catch me.

And on the gardening front - ordered my pyracantha on the click and collect thing - waiting for an email to tell me when to pop to the local GC.  Will post pics

21/10/2013 at 18:47

Great KEF, i've just had the 2nd helping... one more to come Had my first sprouts of the season.

Verd.... pleeeeeeeeeeze no frosts yet. I have over 100 dahlia plants and I need the flowers for cutting. Winter doesn't start until 1st December anyway.AND it's still late summer here. 

THINKS..... that means A****** only lasts for November!! 

KEF
21/10/2013 at 18:52

Have a good one Chicky. Which pyracantha did you decide on? Look forward to pics.

Fairy deffo no M's gravy. I resisted courgettes tonight..sick of sight of them. Moroccan spices might mask them

21/10/2013 at 18:52

Hello and Evening

Been gardening in the afternoon up the station a few plants planted out and a bit of weeding done plants from garden - teasel, mallow and red campion, geranium from next door neighbour which was nice of her.

was very windy today and wet in morning  

Just having apple pie and custard for tea

21/10/2013 at 19:10

Yesterday's left-overs turned into pea and ham soup with herby dumplings here this evening.  Shall see if OH has got some Adnam's bitter tucked away anywhere, otherwise it's Adam's Ale.