London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
22/10/2013 at 19:17

Fairy......I resemble that remark   (managed to slice a raspberry roulade. (?) though  and wangled couple of extra portions.....well,,it's tasty )

Learned my lesson last week at foodbank.....I offered plate of buns and the biggest of  all was taken.  When I was growing up I was taught to take the nearest cake to you so the nearest available were the small ones.  Wot's the world coming too, I ask myself ?     .......I ask myself !  Lol but seriously too 

22/10/2013 at 19:22

I like the yellow one do like yellow

not got to GC either today was when I went last week

looking at a bit bigger one just black pre formed liner for the large whole where the pond was before more like a meter or bit bigger

KEF
22/10/2013 at 19:25

Fidget, healthy food in disguise. L to R third along the top and 3 down for me please

Fairy it was even more exciting we got some stuff to insulate bottom of lift up garage door, to stop leaves & mice getting in.  Tonight I might buff my feet

22/10/2013 at 19:25

Mmmm- I'll just take a couple fidget- to save coming back. It would be rude not to after all...

Might make scones this week. 

Did the roulade have lots of cream? Raspberry meringue roulades are particularly splendid. 

22/10/2013 at 19:29

Hello folks   Punkdoc - I am so envious of your stream - in a previous existence I had a pretty little stream at the bottom of my garden - loved it - water voles and moorhens in the garden, Ragged Robin, yellow iris, water mint and rodgersia along the bank, and a meadow full of cowslips, Ladies' Smock and Early Purple Orchids.

Leave the ex  - leave the garden  Probably why I stayed so long really

22/10/2013 at 19:29

Oh yes,,raspberry meringue roulade. Sorry, I dribbled  

Fidget those chocs look rather nice..............

22/10/2013 at 19:36

So thats rum  and raisin for kef. A raspberry mousse and a tropical dream for Fairygirl.

I'll save    a  Godfather truffle for verdun.

22/10/2013 at 19:36

Thunder here really bad and wet, light flashes right near house scared

22/10/2013 at 19:41

Oh dear Gardengirl - don't be scared!!  Think of it as early fireworks.  It'll be on its way here very soon - and i have to turn out again at 10.30pm to pick up littlest chicklet from a school trip - joy!!

22/10/2013 at 19:49

Have found my old thread Kef, but might do as you suggest

Oh fidget, no milk choccies?  

Went to GC this morning, got a clematis and a 'antique' type table and chairs what a bargain that was. I really  couldnt leave it there, it just wanted to belong  me

KEF
22/10/2013 at 19:50

fidget I just knew it, I can smell alcohol a miles off.

Gardengirl head under cushion pronto, it'll soon pass

Chicky bet you'll be glad when chicklets can drive.

Verd I've just had to mop the screen, quit the drooling

22/10/2013 at 19:54

Lily - what sort of clematis? And we need pictures of new furniture!  I like to share in other people's purchases.

picked up my pyracantha red saphyr today - v pleased.  Took a picture of it in GC carpark to share with you peeps (attracting v strange looks from passers by) but then managed to delete it by mistake.  Will have to wait til weekend now as i never seem to be home in the light anymore

22/10/2013 at 19:59

Gardengirl, send it all this way - I love thunderstorms and lightening 

When I was little there was a huge very tall ash tree near the farmhouse and Ma worried that if it was struck it would crash through the roof, so if there was a thunderstorm at night Ma and Pa would wake us up, wrap us in blankets and carry us down the old crooked staircase to the big tapestry sofa in the end room where we were supposed to go back to sleep - of course we never did, and Ma and Pa would have to spend the rest of the night telling us stories or reading to us.  

I always looked forward to thunderstorms - they were exciting.  I'll have yours for you Gg ((hug))

22/10/2013 at 20:01

Fidget, is there one of those ones with crystallised ginger dipped in plain chocolate? 

KEF
22/10/2013 at 20:02

Chicky bet you liked a right div taking pics. Saying that we've sawn up lumps of wood in B&Q carpark to get them in the car, resting on trolley metal "cage" whilst H attacked with saw from home.

22/10/2013 at 20:12

Sorry kef didn't see your other message,  you can do a new thread I don't mind.

Its a white one chicky lol! can't remember what its called, i'll look tomorrow and let you know. The furniture is in its box in the garage for next year, we didn't have the one on display.

I'd love a water feature but we don't have electric running out into the garden so perhaps one like yours would be ideal. Sorrt rambling a bit. Not sure how to put pics on here either, only had this tablet a little while. And before that didn't go on internet much. But will try and get to grips with it.

Verdun what did you mean, youresemble that?

KEF
22/10/2013 at 20:14

Lily better if you do it.

22/10/2013 at 20:21

No ginger in this batch. There is a champagne truffle or a creme brulee brownie.

22/10/2013 at 20:35

Gg - your thunderstorm has arrived here now (didn't take long!!).  Watch out Lily and Potty - its on its way

22/10/2013 at 20:35

lily- that's what passes for humour in Verdun's strange little Cornish world....

we just try and keep him happy by throwing him the odd bun or two. 

(he meant 'resent'!)

KEF- steady on...buffing feet sounds a bit rude.  I used to use the electric sander on mine when I did a lot of walking. Far better than those fancy things from the chemist!

Fidget- what's in the Godfather truffle?  Is it Marlon Brandy.....