Start a new thread

13,701 to 13,720 of 58,313 replies

Dovefromabove

Cheers Fg   The illness had been pretty grim for her - now she is at peace. She will be remembered with love and respect in many many homes. 

Dovefromabove
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Gorgeous here now folks - bright blue skies and the blustery wind of the last few days has dropped a bit 

Those of you who have to work today - I'll enjoy the weather on your behalf so you don't miss out totally - I'm kind like that 

star gaze lily wrote (see)

Thanks Dove, look after the sunshine for me, should be home just before 6 

I'll look forward to sharing then 

Sorry Lily, I failed miserably - it's raining here - I shall complain to Brother about his expensive weather forecast 

I've made some quiches for supper (well, one for supper, one for sometime over the weekend) 

Salmon, asparagus and tarragon quiche.

However, I've not made the Hot Cross Buns yet - OH is working tomorrow and won't want them for breakfast, so I'll make some during tomorrow for afternoon tea when he gets home. 

KEF

Dove PM'd you. Great looking quiche makes me wish I hadn't had lunch out and feeling a bit full, otherwise would fancy a nice big slice

Hi all, bit busy sorting out stuff for two nights away & mainly pondering what to do with GH door, shut, part open etc..

MrsGarden

'Made' at aldi my hot cross buns! But did do some baking this afternoon, at son's insistence, from a packet mix (threw all flour away last month as I never use it) 

No gardening today but plans for tomorrow are tp just put things in the ground even though I can't visualise where they should be, I'll move them later

Bought 2 small obelisks from aldi (£10), not the best quality but look pretty  not sure what they will support as too narrow for poppies and paeonies, too low for those tall white daisy things (leuco something). I'll find something

star gaze lily

Dove so sorry to hear about your friend, as you say, at least she isn't  suffering any more.sending you love and hugs xx

Advertisement

4thPanda

Evening all 

Been to the drs and now have some 'balancers'. Should be me on the start of some normality (?).

MrsG, you know what's happening tomorrow?! Your horrorscope would say 'a long awaited arrival is expected tomorrow which will lead to a period of hard labour'! 

Dove, so sorry to read your news. ((Hugs)) for you and your friends family xxx

star gaze lily

Oh hi Panda, hope all ok  you have mail x

chicky

Yummy looking quiche Dove.

Hope arches arrive tomorrow as planned.

Pentemmon cut back here - most have survived the winter, and plenty of rooted cuttings in the GH to fill in the gaps

star gaze lily

Very nice pots Tracey, lovely gifts.

Quiche look yummy Dove (Dave) slice of that and some salad and a glass of wine would go down a treat.

Busy-Lizzie

Thanks Chicky for info about school hols.

First tomatoes are flowering, have fed them Sowed runner beans, will they be up I wonder when we get back.

Quiches look really yummy.

MrsGarden
its all happening chez mrs garden tomorrow between 1.30 and 3.30!!! The delivery is confirmed! Really expected them to cancel again. Soooo excited!!!
Dovefromabove

Thank you all for your kindness  ((hugs)) 

According to Farming Brother, rain is back on in East Anglia for Sunday!!! He told me this morning it had been cancelled!!!

I'll do the lawn treatment tomorrow

Only one quiche left now - we've eaten a whole one!  I had to look sternly at OH or the other one would've disappeared too - he seems to think that I cook things to be eaten 

4thPanda

Lily, quiche def goes with salad doesn't it  My OH would have it with 'proper' veg  Just not right  

Mailed you right back 

Went to morrisons earlier and some checking annuals popped into my basket! On looking at my seeds again today I have realised that I've bought trailing sweet peas rather than upright one  So I bought some young healthy looking plants! I know they are easy to grow, but, do you know what, I don't care 

MrsGarden
Didn't know you could get trailing sweet peas, sound lovely.

Advertisement

Fairygirl
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Only one quiche left now - we've eaten a whole one!  I had to look sternly at OH or the other one would've disappeared too - he seems to think that I cook things to be eaten 

What are they like. As if...

We've just had roast beef with the trimmings - none of daughter's Yorkshires left - sorry.

Yes - rain for you lot on Sunday - and sun for us - yippee! Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything 

'Leucanthemum' MrsG. Or  'thae big daisies' as they're known here 

Dovefromabove

Panda, trailing sweet peas will look gorgeous on that 'stand' thingy you bought the other week 

Do you remember we talked 'on here' about having another outing, possibly to The Old Vicarage at East Ruston?  Would you be interested in doing that - you could come up on the train to Norwich and I could pick you up - and any others who wanted to come along?

If you're interested we'll have to look at their website and see when will be a good time to go

4thPanda

That sounds very interesting Dove  I'd def be up for a trip  I'm jumping on the website and taking a browse right now!!

Was thinking I'd put some in one of my many new hanging baskets!! 

Orchid Lady

Quiches looked lovely Dove  I love quiche. I PM'd you earlier by the way x

Exciting news about your deliveries tomorrow MrsGarden, fingers crossed they arrive.

KEF

Hi all, sorting stuff for a couple of nights away.

Had to go away in case MrsGarden's delivery doesn't arrive...I value my hearing.

Have a good Easter break all of you