Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
KEF
17/04/2014 at 07:28

Morning, mild here.

Clari I hope it's Simnel cake you are making

Hot cross buns sound good Dove

Last one Lily

17/04/2014 at 07:41

Morning all. Wet here but supposed to clear later. Work for me all day so a quick look round before I go.

Have a good day everyone 

17/04/2014 at 08:00

Morning folks.

Looks fantastic out there.  Bit  chilly last night though   

Heleniums planted out in their prepared bed.....bit like assembling a jigsaw there.  Most everything is in but a few large wallflowers and stocks still flowering their socks off (never seen their socks actually but I am a believer ) and when they are over will plant out the stuff tender stuff.  No doubt during the summer I will change my mind and move stuff around though 

17/04/2014 at 08:02

Gorgeous here now folks - bright blue skies and the blustery wind of the last few days has dropped a bit 

Those of you who have to work today - I'll enjoy the weather on your behalf so you don't miss out totally - I'm kind like that 

17/04/2014 at 08:08

Thanks Dove, look after the sunshine for me, should be home just before 6  I'll look forward to sharing then 

17/04/2014 at 08:10

I'll do that for you Lily  then it'll be the holibobs  - mini-celebration due 

17/04/2014 at 08:33

Morning all, dull and chilly here, which suits as son and I are on  HW task today!!! Yeah, I would be so lucky, lucky, lucky,lucky...

Verdun, I look forward to photos and have marked your 'promise' to show off

Clari, hope new diet additions help you find out what the problem is. Oh and thanks so much for putting your washing out, its very dark overhead now, getting ready for a right old downpour!

OL, what was the root from? I had one like that from an old fushia bush, it was a right old so and so to get out, we even tried to burn it down at one point (yep I had a burning bush in my garden) 

Simnel cake and hot cross buns added to shopping list.

17/04/2014 at 08:48

I love the way some new posters call me Dave - it's like being on Only Fools and Horses 

17/04/2014 at 08:50

Morning all.

Yesterday was so hot here in North Devon very dulthis morning in comparison.

My daughter's garden is also all decking. Couldn't resist moving everything around yesterday. In evening her OH complained that when he suggested moving things around she didn't bother- at that point I had to admit to doing it without asking whist she was in the shower! Her garden is very small but as she is litterally about 400m from the beach I don't think it should be a problem.

Well have a good day everyone

17/04/2014 at 08:51

Better than Del Boy dove! maybe it's a typo? 

17/04/2014 at 08:57

Morning all, and a special morning for our good friend Dave.

Potty - sounds idyllic being that close to a beach - and great that daughter has inherited your passion for pots.

Am hoping to get out there for a bit of gardening later.  Little bit disappointed that my family are descending en masse for the day on Sunday, and it is the only day torrential rain is forecast 

17/04/2014 at 09:26

Talking of decking, my mum saw a 7inch rat disappear under ndn's decking yesterday, uggg. There's room for hundreds under ours, yikes. Compost bin as far from house and decking as possible, uggg again. 

17/04/2014 at 09:38

Morning all.

Next week I will be in England with a group of French friends (and OH).They want to see Canterbury, London and Oxford and asked me to arrange it. It has been complicated as there will be 10 of us with 2 hire cars and Ryanair.

It's really not a convenient time to leave the garden and the GH, full of babies, hope the housesitter manages to keep it all watered. It had to be over the Easter holidays because a couple are teachers and there are the 2 daughters of one couple. Should be fun though. 

I have masses to do before we go so this may be my last post for a bit.

17/04/2014 at 09:41

Oooh, good luck with the organising BL - we'll try and hold on to the good weather for you - hope you get a chance to enjoy it and aren't too busy.

We'll keep an eye on your plants for you 

17/04/2014 at 09:43
MrsGarden wrote (see)

Better than Del Boy dove! maybe it's a typo? 

Probably spell-check or something - but much better than Del Boy 

Just heard that my dear friend passed away peacefully yesterday evening - thank goodness she's free from pain now.  She leaves a huge gap in so many lives 

17/04/2014 at 09:45

Will you be sneaking any garden visits in Lizzie.  Have a great trip

17/04/2014 at 09:45

Thanks Dove, it's worse than hosting a dinner party!

17/04/2014 at 09:46

Missed your post, Dove.  How very sad.  Thinking of you ...

17/04/2014 at 09:47

She spread a lot of happiness Dove. She's 'ok now' as I always remember saying when we lost my grandmother. Thinking of you in your loss. x

17/04/2014 at 09:48

So sorry about your friend, Dove. Big hugs ((( )))

Chicky, if I can get to visit the Savill garden in Windsor I will be happy. We will stay a few days there as it's cheaper than London and we got a good deal on the hotel.