Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

hobbies ie arts and crafts........

granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Don't mean to be nosey but I thought  it may be interesting  to see what others hobbies are. If they have time or are planning when they do have the time.image

Though I enjoy my gardening   I have a list of other hobbies too.. these consist of digital  scrapbooking, traditional scrapbooking , card making , photography ,art, and for granddaughte and her  eight years best friend I've   been nominated  dressmaker for their build a bears. I'm  enjoying writing a journal of our family ancestry  ,have  been lucky to have gleaned so much history  from the 17 th century  I am trying to preserve it all up to the present day  for future generations to add to its pages if they so wish.

These are my interests which I don't get a lot of time for them all ,but do  enjoy  , to  turn to when I have a little spare time and I need to unwind .inbetween  all the  necessities of normal  daily chores.!!!!image

How about you ??? image

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Edd  ! Darent even imagine what you might say to this oneimageimageimageimage  

But I'm looking forward to a " corker "! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Spare time - what's that?  I'm retired - jobs expand to fill the time available image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,538
    Hi Granma image I'm daughter of Dove, I don't know if you have heard reports of her cooking, but it's exceptional!image

So withthis in mind I asked her to compile a homemade cookery book with her own classic dishes, think it's a lovely project, and she was enthusiastic,

however this retirement lark is apparently hard work! And makes such demands on time.....gardening, garden centre visiting, blogging, lunching, lol.... image
    Lol Dove!.....as I just said! X
    Hi Granma image I'm daughter of Dove, I don't know if you have heard reports of her cooking, but it's exceptional!image

So withthis in mind I asked her to compile a homemade cookery book with her own classic dishes, think it's a lovely project, and she was enthusiastic,

however this retirement lark is apparently hard work! And makes such demands on time.....gardening, garden centre visiting, blogging, lunching, lol.... image
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

I am president of a local dance club - 7 different dance classes over 4 evenings a week plus dance evenings and balls on Saturdays and ballroom practice on Sundays.

In between times I garden, run a garden group, sew clothes and curtains, do embroidery and patchwork (beginner at that) and do up bits and bobs for the house from pieces of furniture to pots for the garden which can be anything from just a good clean and feed of wood to a total strip down and new finish on wood, metal etc.   Love cooking too and try at least one new recipe a week.

Quite fancy researching our family history for our only daughter but no free time till after our dance club's 40th birthday festivities are over next year.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Wonky - think your phone has hiccups LOL image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• I'm a card maker ... but my name may have already given that away image

• ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

When I'm not in the garden, green house or up at the allotment, I ride a friends horse, walk my 2 cavalier king charles spaniels, and if I have any energy left, do aerobics! I love cooking too hence the allotment and I like making up my own recipes. I work full time and have my own interior design business, so not much time for any thing else.image

However, nothing beats a nice glass of wine in the garden with hubby, to wind down in the evening.(well, o.k, its not exactly a hobby, but we enjoy it)image

• OldtykeOldtyke Posts: 155

I do a nice line in making bread.I make spice pastes for  Indian/Asian curries, and haunt the Chinese and Asian  supermarkets in Hull for ingredients. I have been known to make wine, chilli vodka and I knit and read.I must dust off my sewing machine this autumn.