London (change)
Today 18°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
61 to 80 of 185 messages
15/04/2014 at 23:46

Thanks again you wonderful beautiful bunch.  Yes many happy memories of Val, my wife.  We were married for 48 yrs just coming upto 49.  Oh how I miss her. Perhaps in our, mu case.  Val and I both realised that her heart op, would be 'Goodbye' Thanfully due to our belief, we held/hold a grand hope for the future.  Hey friends. Mike has got an appointment for his CT Scan.  Saturday morning 11.30  Nothing to eat four hours before.  You can drink as much water as you like.  Mike can't stand tap water.  Can I have a few tipples of the scottish necter?  Anyway folks.  Now ny innards will be photograghed yet again.  Wowee!!.  Believe me guys and dolls.  I am trying to keep calm.  Please hold my hand.  Love and kisses to all.

16/04/2014 at 10:18

As a general point, you probably do need to drink lots of water (or soft drinks) at the moment, because a bladder cancer pre-disposes you to urinary tract infections, and they make the pictures blurred and cloudy, and then they have to call you back and do them again.  And alcohol dehydrates.  That's what your doctor would tell you anyway!!!  Have the whiskey to celebrate when it's over.  But UTIs delayed my dad's treatment, so best to do what you can to avoid them.  Although I can understand you wanting a bit of dutch courage. 

16/04/2014 at 10:30

Just seen this thread Mike.  So sorry to hear, but I'm sure you and the medics will sort it out between you.  Good luck on Saturday. Keeping calm is good

16/04/2014 at 10:34

Mike, your hand is firmly but gently held. Take care my garden buddy, very best wishes. Hope the sunshine and the forum photos and banter help lift your spirits.x

16/04/2014 at 11:36

Mike - since you don't have a fondness for tap water (and necter is out of the question) have you tried of of these flavoured waters? Or even just adding a wedge of lemon to a glass of sparkling water to get those fluid levels up so they get nice clear pictures of you?

We'll all be thinking of you on Saturday like rampant weeds spreading across the country squeezing ever little bit of love we can in your direction.

16/04/2014 at 14:07

Awww Clarington, I like that last little sentence  X

16/04/2014 at 14:42

Have only just seen this post. Sorry to hear the news. Thoughts are with you and look forward to reading that you have had some good news along with more of your garden updates soon

17/04/2014 at 00:24

Hi Friends and FAMILY.

Yes all of a sudden Mike has gained, not only a vast number of new gardening friends, but as I consider it.  A new family.  Thanks guys and gals.  Yes when one hits the lows in life. That extra bit of TLC really does mean so much.  Especially when we look around the world,  not much peace and security, folks packin up and venturing forth to try and find a safe haven

Now Mike has some positive news.  However, I must admit.  All of a sudden the penny has dropped.  Mike is now feeling a bit scared, and frightened.  My OP date is 12 May. it will be done under a general, so thankfully I will be out of it. I trust in my grand creator so why should I worry?  In the meantime.  I have a CT Scan on Saturday.  Then on 2 My, an assessment to see if I am up to surgery.  Then it's count backwards Mike.  Mr Allen.   Wakey wakey, it's all over.  come on now.  What would you like for breakfast.

Thanks friends for all you good wishes.  Mike is proud to be part of this family.  Thanks again.  Plus. Thanks for the confidence in my posts.

17/04/2014 at 00:29

HUGE hugs Mike, you can do this we know you can.  It is natural to be scared and frightened but please stay strong, hold those positive thoughts being sent your way and most importantly hold all our virtual hands, we are with you all the way.

You do know there are quite a few of us that would love a book by Mike Allen so stay strong Mr Rose Expert  xoxooxo 

17/04/2014 at 07:28

Oh yes, lots of ((hugs)) coming to you from over here Mike.  They do some amazing stuff nowadays so just you lie back and enjoy the attentions of those lovely nurses 

We'll be thinking of you and waiting for you to join us here again 

17/04/2014 at 08:01

mike sending positive thoughts and wishes for a return to good health quickly

17/04/2014 at 11:58

Very best wishes Mike xxx

17/04/2014 at 13:51

Hope it goes well

18/04/2014 at 14:42

Very best wishes Mike, for a speedy recovery. Love and hugs. Oxoxoxoxoxoxo 

18/04/2014 at 14:46

Good luck tomorrow Mike x

Have you got someone who will go with you and bring you home as well?

18/04/2014 at 18:36

Sending an extra hug for tomorrow Mike, I will be thinking of you. Xoxo

Ditto what FG says, I hope you have someone going along with you and to bring you home??

18/04/2014 at 20:03

Mike, whenever I see your face on a thread, I make sure I read and pay extra attention because your advice is always so great. Sending you 'get well' wishes, lots of love and sincere thoughts for a speedy recovery x

18/04/2014 at 20:52

Thinking of you Mike.Hope all goes well tomorrow x

18/04/2014 at 21:33

Good luck for tomorrow Mike x Will keep you in my thoughts.  

18/04/2014 at 22:44

Hope all is ok tomorrow Mike and not too traumatic, remember garden buddy, we're holding your hand. x

61 to 80 of 185 messages