London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 14°C
81 to 100 of 185 messages
18/04/2014 at 22:57

Hey! Mike is so full of gratitude etc.  When I think about it.  As far as I know. I have never met any of you..  WOW!   Simply from tiny acorns grow etc.  Truly folks.  This really is such a great website and forum.  As I have perhaps mentioned before.  Although I at one time had my sights set upon becoming a doctor.  My education was not good enough and family finances feel way short.  I am still interested in medicene etc., but mention, hospitals and doctors.   Mike is running for the exit.  Back to reality. Tomorrow is just a CT Scan, drink some iodine and let others view my innards. I wonder.  Could I charge viewing price???  Looking ahead, to the twelfth of next month.  Thankfully my youngest daughter Amanda. She has a Med. degree.  She explained a recently rec'd copy of a leter sent to my GP from the Urology consultant.  Seems that things are not so black and dismal as I may have thought.  Possibly the op on the 12th.  Might solve all the probs.  Possibly the total removal of the tumour might be done.  I will be so pleased.  Let's face it. Examminations of having things poked up one twiddly bits, it aint very nice.

However ny dear friends.  I have you faithful lot by my side.

Orchid Lady.  Hi Sweet. So you want me to write a book.  Thanks lass for the compliment of the rose expert. Actually folks.  I have a mate on a police forum.  He did 30yrs as a detective. Both he and I have been constantly badgered to write our memoire.  Believe it or not.  We both admit.  Competing chapter four, and we have said it all.  Nevertheless, where there's a will etc.  Dear Lady.  Rest assured.  Should this ever happen.  You will be the first to recieve a signed copy.  How's that?

Once again friends.  Thank you so much for your support.  Fondest regards.  Mike.

18/04/2014 at 23:01

I'll hold you to that Mike  Thank you xx

18/04/2014 at 23:07

Mike, I get so busy in the Spring, I'm very behind with reading posts on here. Just seen this and wanted to tell you I'll say a little prayer, even a big one. I really hope it all works out for you, what a horrible thing to happen. But they can do wonders nowadays. Hugs ((( )))

18/04/2014 at 23:20

Yes.  Amanda insists that she takes me and brings me back.  In a similar vane. I do the same for her.  She, sadly is a very sick chic.  She has recently undergone extensive mouth surgery.  Thankfully the growths were not of the big C class. She is also disabled due medical negligence.  Since losing Val , my beloved wife. 14.2 1944 to 9.6.2010. Amanda has so often said.  Dad. Now we are so close.  Val and I always treated both our daughters equal.  Today for instance.  Amand, Josh and Chloee, we went to Broarstairs for a day out.  What a dump.  Mid you.  The sea was really wild and savage. In the end.  We all had a great day together.  My grand-daughter Chloee, she is the spitting image od Val.  She's only 14, but she is all woman. So the hugs etc. constantly remind me of Val. I  try to calm my fears etc.  Val was avictime of heart diseas.  Mitral vale disease. The day prior to her op.  We chatted and agreed. that our love was for eternity.  Both of us held to a strict belief.  We both realised that her op the next day, was a one way ticket.  Her last words to me were.  Well I wont kmow anything about it.  Take care Mike..

So folks.  What have I got to fear... Hey you lot of gardeners. Silly as it might sound.  Mike is puting on his best front. Tracey. who knows.  I might still become an author.  Much love to you all.

19/04/2014 at 00:47

Oh, you've made me cry, thats so sad. Stay strong Mike, as Busy said they can do wonders these days. Take care, we are all thinking of you and holding your hand.Good luck and very best wishes and hugs Lily oxoxoxoxoxo

P.s. there will be a lot of us wanting that book 

19/04/2014 at 06:59

Thinking of you today Mike - everyone's with you!!!  ((hugs)) 

19/04/2014 at 07:49

Mike, I have just read through all the posts on this thread - what an amazing response of support and love for you (& like SGL your last one brought a tear or two ).  Having read some of your posts on gardening I understand the the respect you have earned on this forum.  Wishing you the very best of luck with your treatment, just imagine us all there with you - well maybe not all at the same time could be a little cramped.  xx. 

19/04/2014 at 08:31

Hoping it all goes well today x

19/04/2014 at 08:40

Holding your hand today Mike. We'll all look forward to chatting with you later x

19/04/2014 at 08:45

Hope all goes well today Mike thinking of you good luck.

19/04/2014 at 08:50

Good luck, Mike...hope all goes well.

19/04/2014 at 10:12

Oh Mike, I've just read your post from last night. It has brought a tear to my eye too,  what you and your wife shared was something truly special and I know you will always treasure that.

Your wife will be holding your hand today too,  along with all of your friends on here, Val will always be with you holding your hand xx

19/04/2014 at 10:24

Good luck Mike, as Lorraine said we are all with you, bit squashed but there anyway Best wishes and hugs xx

19/04/2014 at 21:38

Hi Mike, I've seen you on another post so know you're about  I just wondered how you got on today for your scan....not being nosey and hope you don't mind me asking, I've been thinking about you.

19/04/2014 at 21:45

Glad to see you're home and posting Mike  

Hope today's ordeal wasn't too grim ((hugs))

19/04/2014 at 22:01

Hi Mike, thinking of you buddy, here is a joke to cheer you up.

Do you know it is a fact that only one in seven dwarfs is Happy

Keep us all posted with things.

19/04/2014 at 22:42

Hi, Mike, hope all went well today. Thank you for looking up my problem plant/weed. 

Take care thinking of you best wishes Lily x

19/04/2014 at 23:30

Nice one Mark.  Many thanks.

Hey all you Angels on earth.  I am so sorry if what I said has upset you in any way.  Then perhaps for you.  My tales of a wonderful life with Val, turned into one of those weepy films, sagas.  We had spent some fifty years together.  We were closely getting to our 49th wedding anniversary.  Sadly Val never woke up from heart surgery. Her epitaph reads.  Valerie Rose Allen.  14.2.1944 to. 9.6.2010  Our 49th Anniversary would have been 22 September.  During all those years.  Hand on heart.  We never had a row.  Yes! at times, we might disagree, but at the end of the day.  Val respected my God given headship.  Believe me.  I must hold the world record for say sorry.  Especially when important decisions had to be made.  Val would give her consent.  Very soon thereafter.  Mike would craddle her head in my hands and say.  Sorry, sweetheart.  You was right. I was wrong. On the otherhand.  I have to admit. I really had a fear of myself.  My mum and dad were very Victorian.  Dad was born July 2 1896.  Mum was born 3 July 1897.  Mum, bless her. really wrapped me up in cotton wool.  She fought all of my childhood battles.  Dad was strict military. Strong willed well disciplined.  He servered in both world wars. Gassed and blinded for a time in the first.  It wasn't until I actually got married.  Then it seemed he treated me as a man.  I had an elder sister. She was sixteen years my senior.  By the time I got to know her.  She was married.  Nevertheless, we both loved each other so much.  Sadly she died of leukemia.  She suffered from psoriorsis, she had hospital treatment,  The treatment destroyed her blood cells.   So friends.  You now know a bit more that relates to Mike.

Once again.  I really , truly appreciate so much your concern for me at this this time.  Despite the fact that, years, I wanted to train and become a doctor.  Being that I was so overwhelmed at the human reproductive system.  I set my sights on Obs & Gynea.  Sadly.  My education let me down, also the lack of finances.  Nevertheless.  I studdied a great deal privately.  I am a devil for learning.  I have studied civil law, police law, homeopathy, horticulture.  Tracey.  I mentioned your post regarding me writing a book, to Amanda.  She insists on taking me to and from the hospital.  I do the same for her.  So dear fair lady.  Who knows.  Perhaps soon there might be a book.

Back to reallity.  I don't need an alarm clock.  So this morning Mike was wide awake.  Although I was within the time limits.  I turned away from food and drink.  Nice relaxing shower.  Then I nodded off in the armchair.  Awakened by the phone, plus a raging headache.  My hospital appointment was for 11.45  We were ther about 11.00  Others in the waiting area were drinking water.  This was in the CT Scan area.  Eventually a large but jovial balck nurse or whatever her grade was, comes out.  Michael.  Fill this form in for me please.  Usual questions regarding alergies.  One was. Are you allergic to iodine.  I ticked the no box.  Returning the form I asked.   Hey lass! how can I answer that question?  She then told me that sea food, shellfish and....and strawberries all contain iodine..  I love fish.  I so often cook up scampi and chips.  The only time I like strawberries is.  If I am picking them.  One for you.....two for me.   So Mike the expert, learned something new.  So the clo

19/04/2014 at 23:49

Good to hear from you Mike and also good to say that I know something you didn't  Ha ha, whoever would have thought that?? I knew about the iodine, strawberries,fish connection, I learnt it when I had my tonsils out aged 21 and they asked me the same question 

I'm off to bed in a minute, shattered and no doubt you are too.  Sleep well now today is over and catch up tomorrow x

20/04/2014 at 06:20

It's good to hear from you Mike - I'm glad yesterday wasn't too bad and that your daughter is accompanying and supporting you - she sounds lovely 

I love your wife's name - my daughter's second name is Rose, and by complete coincidence so is her lovely step-daughter's - how's that for Serendipity 

81 to 100 of 185 messages