London (change)
Today 26°C / 19°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 16°C
121 to 140 of 165 messages
05/05/2014 at 09:20

Do they know when Mike is for the chopping block? So we can be around for hand holding.

05/05/2014 at 19:07

12th May I believe BL

05/05/2014 at 19:32

Best wishes Mike, hugs xx

05/05/2014 at 19:34

Thinking of you Mike.  I think if they put any of us to the test we'd all turn out to be a bit Irish, Welsh or Scottish (in my case).  Pretty much all my friends have only two or three generations to go back before they are Gaels or Celts.  Sounds to me like they are gearing up to telling you to go easy on the wee drams.    But then, they're always after telling you that! xx

06/05/2014 at 08:59

Mike. After seeing your post above out of curiosity I checked my bottom to see if I had a manufacturers stamp.

It said "WIDE LOAD"

I've seen this brand several times before - but I think it means that unlike you I've not Irish blood running through my veins but Layland DAF gearbox oil!

09/05/2014 at 06:51

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you Mike .............. pricking out may be a bit difficult, but what the heck!!! 

09/05/2014 at 08:00

I've not posted for a bit Mike but have been thinking about you, not long now until Monday and hopefully you can have your op and start getting back to normal.

As you know already, we'll all be with you holding your virtual hand.  ((Hugs)) xx

Bal
09/05/2014 at 09:08

Loads and loads of hugs and kisses Mike. Have started back at the hospital now, had a really sweet patient who looked just like you, made me think of you. Just remember lots of people do care and will do there best for you xxx

10/05/2014 at 08:33

Hello Mike. I'm glad your blood test appointment went OK and the lady was nice. It does help! Hurts more when you are tense.

The Paul Bunnell test show whether you have had glandular fever when young.

10/05/2014 at 08:35

Not long now Mike, I'm glad you had a good nurse taking your blood - it always seems easier when they get you relaxed.

Are you getting these rain showers we are up North? My wellies are overflowing but I guess that teaches me for leaving them outside! I hope you are so your garden can fend for itself for a while and give you plenty of colours to raise the spirits. 

10/05/2014 at 09:32

Glad things went well for you, Mike 

10/05/2014 at 09:39

Very best wishes and hugs xx

10/05/2014 at 10:37

Mike, it will be hard to get engaged with the garden - gardening is about hope and expectation and looking forward to results weeks, months, years down the line.  And when you know that you are going to have a long course of treatment, and you don't know how poorly it is all going to make you feel, you can't plant anything with any of that hope and expectation.  Every seedling you sow or cutting you take becomes a 'dependent' which you can't be sure you will be able to look after properly.  So your disengagement is understandable - you have to focus on getting yourself better so that this time next year you are able to get involved as usual.  The one thing you might want to think about is maintenance, because it could be stressful to sit recovering, and watching the weeds take over, the lawn growing like a hayfield, the deadheading not done.  Do you have anyone who could do a bit of that for you?  Can you manage a bit yourself this weekend?  Would it be worth paying a garden maintenance company just to pop in once a month to do a few basics?  I wish I lived closer and could pop round because I think it would be a weight off your mind, just to have order kept.  I will be thinking of you on Monday, and sending you my best wishes - Bee x

10/05/2014 at 16:14

Mike my friend, this is the first time I've been on the forum since last night.I'm so sorry to hear this news but I'm sure you can beat this.Easy for me to say I know.I've only been a member of the site for a few weeks but you have been a real star in that short time.Please try and continue to post...

Much love from Mrs Fish and myself.

10/05/2014 at 16:18

Hope it goes well on Monday Mike

10/05/2014 at 16:19

Mike I feel such a fool.I've just noticed your original post was 9th April and not 9th May.I thought you had found this out last night.  And this is the first time I've read through this thread *duh*

KEF
10/05/2014 at 16:25

Thinking about you Mike.  Doubt we will let this thread drop, bit like Moonies when we "get a member" we don't let them go

PB test I'd get a positive, had glandular fever when I was 5. First year at school and other kids said you caught it by playing near dustbins, so you were a mucky person.

KEF
10/05/2014 at 16:27

Fishy me thinks you've had plenty on your mind.

10/05/2014 at 23:07

Best wishes Mike, good luck on Monday, keep strong. Hand being held...and not letting go.

10/05/2014 at 23:20

Hi Mike, glad the blood test went well.  Thinking about you in Monday and keeping everything crossed for you.

Fishy, I must apologise to you because I think I've missed posting, I think I read somewhere your wife has been / is poorly.  Think b about you too and sorry I haven't sent my best wishes to you both before.

HUGE ((hugs)) to all those poorly or with poorly loved ones tonight and to all those that are still waiting for a positive outcome xx

121 to 140 of 165 messages