London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
121 to 140 of 185 messages
26/04/2014 at 00:12

Honestly and truthfully.  What can I say. Fair do's  for anyone. The thought of surgery.  OH No! Then the pronouncement...cancer.  Friends, may I be permitted, countless girl friends on this site. Mike has decided to go for it.  I have great faith and trust in my maker.  As my lovely ever loving Amanda says.  Dad.  The actual op, won't be any longer than the investigations already done.  This time. You wil be out cold.  Dad. Whatever you decide. I am with you all the way.

Hey all you lovely ladies. Hugs and kisses. I am all in favour of that. Please friends. Please don't wory about me. Truthfully. I did start to think.  Here I am. 75 this year. Free TV licence in the coming. Then all the chat, that this cancer is not a killer etc. Lets get on with it.  Actually the other night.  I dreamed that I had had the surgery, the results.  We couldnt find any cancerouse cells etc. Court case etc. No. These people are trying to help us.  Yes at the mo.  Amanda's probs are becoming a bit too much, but.  I am confidant that the good Lord will sort it out. Dear friends.  Once again . Thank you so much for all your support. Much sinsere love tgo you all.  Mike.xxxx

26/04/2014 at 07:50

Glad to see you more at peace last night

26/04/2014 at 08:55

Morning Mike, so pleased you're not feeling so down. Take care, sending hugs x

26/04/2014 at 11:21

Me too.  It's a series of hurdles, to be taken one at a time.  Lots of cancer survivors say they feel better once they know that that malicious little ball of cells has been removed from their bodies, but for now, you need to plan for how you will cope physically after the operation.  Get things lined up - fill the freezer with easy meals to cook/heat up, do what you need to do with the plants so you don't have to worry about them, make sure you are stocked up with essentials like loo roll!  Get some magazines or books ready that you might like to read, or some DVDs to watch.  You will need a lot of restful stuff to do while you heal, and especially towards the end of the radiotherapy course, if that is what your doctors decide you should have. xx

26/04/2014 at 23:41

Oh you lovely people.  To be honest.  This sad old git, really misses hugs and kisses.  Thanks folks for all your good wishes.  At one point.  Mike was prepared to say. Stuff it.  I'm 75 this year.  I miss my mate so much.  Yes. I am so lonely.  Thankfully Amanda cares so much for me, yet she has her own problems.  To be honest. Taking everything into account.  Bladder cancer is not a killer, my age, the ever mounting family problems. Friends. I am sure you suss me out.  Then my faith kicked in. I exist in a body that has been given me.  I have a responsibility of taking care of it.  My faith offers me a grand future.  Lets be honest.  The in-built theme of life is there.  So friends. Thank you so very much for all the love and kisses.  Mike has decided to go ahead.  I have an assessment do dar on May 2.  To see if I am fit enough for the op.  If al goes well. Mike is knocked out onthe 12th of May.  Overnight saty in hosp.  Then by the grace of my GOD. back home. Kettle on and perhaps a day in bed, and a bloody good cry. Honestly.  That is what this silly big B***** wants to do. Oh you gorgious lasses and friends.  Can we leave it there for the moment. If all goes well then I will post on the 13th of May.  Much love to you all and cartloads of hugs and kisses.   Mike. xxx

27/04/2014 at 06:52

We'll wait to hear from you Mike .............. when you're ready 

27/04/2014 at 08:28

Stay strong Mike, 'see' you next week, best wishes and hugs xx

27/04/2014 at 09:32

Drink lots of soft drinks and beverages, and limit the stronger stuff before the 2nd then - they'll be looking for a very clear, clean sample before they get started!!  (I'm very bossy!)  God bless Mike xx

27/04/2014 at 10:28

I wasn't sure whether to post last night or not after Mike's last post, but seen as others have I I will 

Take care Mike, you know already we are all with you and look forward to to your posts when you are back again.

Hugs and best wishes xxx

27/04/2014 at 10:34

See you soon mike. We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you well x

Bal
28/04/2014 at 05:31

Lots of love and kisses Mike . I know you will be  OK. Hugs and kisses.

28/04/2014 at 10:42

I've just been away for a week and have just caught up on this thread. So I will add some more hugs and kisses to the others. I'm a Christian too so I'll pray that God will look after you during all this. Feel free to chat before the 13th, Mike, if you're feeling the need to talk to someone.

04/05/2014 at 22:41

I had my pre-assessment today, Friday 2.May. My op is for the 12th.  Usual questionaire.  Pee test.  Weight and height. Wt. 14 and a half stone.  I have maintaned the same weight for several years. Ht.  5ft 7ins. The nurse carying out the test was a sweet little lass, I would say polynesian.  Hi Sweet.  I was six feet and halfe an inch.  How come I have shrunk??? OK my spine has had it.  Next. MRSA swabs.  Then a chat with the staff nurse.  To be honest. Nothing much was gained here.  Then to Draculas den.  Blood test. I lodged my papers.  I was number 256. So I walked along to the ECG unit. The lady here was a in a bit of a tiz-woz.  She usually worked at another hospital. We had a good laugh and in a short while. My ticker had been sussed out. It seems that the staff who carry out the exams, are not reall supposed to say anything.  Mike. All seems to be OK. Back to the blood suckers. In time my number comes up.  Two lady's are in the room.  From start to finish.  Just one long laugh.  In all honesty.  Mike hates the red stuff, especially when it's mine. This was the first time, I sat in the chair. Previously I would go to the surgery and lie down.   Mike...you big tit.  No sooner had I sat down and.  OK Mike, all done.  I have to have afollow up blood test three days before my op.  I left the hospital som four hors later.  The at 1500hrs. I was at the GP surgery. I arrived to find the waiting area full. In a short time. The GP comes out. Michael Allen. Up I gets. Hey Michael, you keep away from us for years.  Now you can't get enough of us. Says the doc.  It appears that we have built up some kind of relationship.  I suddenly become so relaxed with him.  We chat away. As far as he is concerned, bugger the waiting room.  I am sure our laughter could be overheard.  It was he who had sent me for a scan. The scan then opened up more tests etc. Although painful etc, the truth was found out. So Mike is for the chopping block.  However, this consultation was tgo get the results of the GP's blood test.  Nothing to worry about.  Tell me more.  Mike. The blood test revealed some liver problems.  The ferritins are a bit jumbled up.  and your spleen. It is a bit enlarged.  I am going to arange a scan of your liver and spleen.  Bye the bye Mike. Tell me.  Have you any Irish connections.. Oh! c'mon doc, stop buggering about. get to the point.  Yes. My Grandpa was Irish.  Never met him. So come on old mate, what are you driving at.  Mike There is something that shows up in your test, taht seems to be related to the Irish genera. Hey Doc, my friend.  No way am I going to be your guinea pig. Enough is enough.  So when I go for my next blood test, I will present both applications. Hey folks Come the glorious 12th.  Praerys and best wishes by the barrowload.

04/05/2014 at 23:24

Gosh they really have got their teeth into you!

04/05/2014 at 23:38

From one Mike to another.....

Comfy jammies, cozy bed,

big soft pillow for your head.

Worry not, the world can wait..

Just take your time and recuperate.

05/05/2014 at 08:42
Best wishes mike, still holding your hand.
05/05/2014 at 09:20

Do they know when Mike is for the chopping block? So we can be around for hand holding.

05/05/2014 at 19:07

12th May I believe BL

05/05/2014 at 19:32

Best wishes Mike, hugs xx

05/05/2014 at 19:34

Thinking of you Mike.  I think if they put any of us to the test we'd all turn out to be a bit Irish, Welsh or Scottish (in my case).  Pretty much all my friends have only two or three generations to go back before they are Gaels or Celts.  Sounds to me like they are gearing up to telling you to go easy on the wee drams.    But then, they're always after telling you that! xx

121 to 140 of 185 messages