London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
141 to 160 of 185 messages
05/05/2014 at 22:38

Hey you lot. You are suffercating me.  All these kisses and hugs. Naugty but nice, Truthfully how mike misses all those hugs and kisses from Val. Thanks friends. Rememeber Mikes bottom stamp.  Made by Dunlop. I always bounce back.  Much love to all. Mike.xx

06/05/2014 at 08:59

Mike. After seeing your post above out of curiosity I checked my bottom to see if I had a manufacturers stamp.

It said "WIDE LOAD"

I've seen this brand several times before - but I think it means that unlike you I've not Irish blood running through my veins but Layland DAF gearbox oil!

09/05/2014 at 00:07

I was hoping that this thread would rest until my ordeal. Hey! what a great host of friends you are.  A small piont in this scenario.  All the TV and other advertising about cancer.  'Noone should be alone when told of cancer'   To be honst.  Having just had a cystcopy. fibreoptic camera passed up my spout.  OK. All done. Yes.  You have bladder cancer.  Please forgive the terminology, but bloody hell.  There I stood still feeling the affects of thye scan and test.  The like in a court of law. being told.  You will now be taken to a place of execution.  Believe me. Mike simply had tis suddenly dropped from on high.  Now my GP has also had the results of blood tests.  Seems that my liver has a few probs, also my spleen. This seems to be enlarged.. Oh why did I ever get involve with the medics? At the mo. I am doing my best at fighting off a cold. I want the gloriouse twelthto come and go. This intervention realy is a  bane,

Today. Iwent for a blood test.  It was twofold.  Part for surgery admin. Secondly  my GP is searching. I am fighting ohh a cold.  I do hope that come Monday.  I can have the op and reeturn to normal life.

09/05/2014 at 06:51

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you Mike .............. pricking out may be a bit difficult, but what the heck!!! 

09/05/2014 at 08:00

I've not posted for a bit Mike but have been thinking about you, not long now until Monday and hopefully you can have your op and start getting back to normal.

As you know already, we'll all be with you holding your virtual hand.  ((Hugs)) xx

Bal
09/05/2014 at 09:08

Loads and loads of hugs and kisses Mike. Have started back at the hospital now, had a really sweet patient who looked just like you, made me think of you. Just remember lots of people do care and will do there best for you xxx

09/05/2014 at 22:54

Well perhaps some good has come out of this.  At least now.  I can proudly sit in the chair and have a blood sample taken.  My last visit the other day.  The waiting area was packed.  I was number 300.  I think the counting machine had slipped up, as it was very much like 400 had already gone before me.  Anyway, I sat there watching a shapely phlebotomist , aiming for double top on other peoples arms.  I was intrigued by the speed and skill of this lady.   In cases where more than one phile was needed, her hands worked so fast.  Talk about quickness of the hand deceives the eye.  I was truly wishing that when my number was called, it would be, to be her dartboard.  Yes, 300 to room five please.  Straight away she was so pleasant.  Hi Michael, so how are you today.  She was such a bubbly lass.  I have had some staff that treated patients as though they were imposing upon their time.  Hi sweet.  Sorry but, perhaps I shouldn't, however I haven't had a bad response yet.  We chatted and she informed me that she wasn't quite as young as she looked. Hey Michael.  I'm a granny, my daughter is 26.  She put the tornique around my arm.  Don't worry Michael, I fast and good.  Believe me, She was also honest and right.  That's it Michael all done.  So we continued to chat.  I noticed a GW calender on the wall and commented that I was a forum member.  Michael she says.  I'll check out the site this evening.  Michael when you have had your surgery, you will be coming back here.  Let's hope we meet again.  Take care Michael.

I must admit.  This oldie left the hospital with a spring in his step  However it does prove, I think.  That  some friendliness can work wonders at times.

I have to say.  When that doctor simply said. All done.  Yes you have bladder cancer.  It was a shock, but at the same time.  It didn't really register.  Then being bombarded by TV ads about cancer, and the point that no one should be alone when given the news.  It seems that Mike had lost out again.  From thereon, as all I have wanted is to get it over and done with.  Over the past week or so.  I have, as it seems, lost all interest in the garden, the greenhouse and the seedlings etc.  My youngest daughter Amanda [mid 40's]  She has a medical degree, and sadly is disabled mainly due to medical negligence.  At the best of times.  It is such a task getting a word in edgeways.  She starts and goes on and on.  Plus she is always right.........of course she's a woman.  Nevertherless, she loves her old dad so much.  My eldest daughter, has done one of these ancetry searches.  Having mentioned to her that the GP had asked, if I had any Irish background.  As all I knew was that dad's dad was Irish.  However Kerry, the eldest tells me, that on my mum's side.  She had Irish connections.    In a way, I am looking forward to the next meeting with my GP.  I want to know.  What is the connection between having Irish background, possible liver disfunction and an enlarged spleen..  Now then some forum members have let leak.  They are medics in some way or other.  Perhaps to help.  My GP's blood test request indicated, he was looking at.  Hepatitis serology, ferrins and Paul Brunnel.  So folks.  If you are in the know.  Come on help me out.  OK.  I know a bit about medicine.  I once wanted tgo train as a doc.  Sadly my education was below par, and my parents were poor.  I am being absolutely honest.  Healthwise.  I prefer homeopathy.  I have studied this to a point, and it works on me etc

10/05/2014 at 08:33

Hello Mike. I'm glad your blood test appointment went OK and the lady was nice. It does help! Hurts more when you are tense.

The Paul Bunnell test show whether you have had glandular fever when young.

10/05/2014 at 08:35

Not long now Mike, I'm glad you had a good nurse taking your blood - it always seems easier when they get you relaxed.

Are you getting these rain showers we are up North? My wellies are overflowing but I guess that teaches me for leaving them outside! I hope you are so your garden can fend for itself for a while and give you plenty of colours to raise the spirits. 

10/05/2014 at 09:32

Glad things went well for you, Mike 

10/05/2014 at 09:39

Very best wishes and hugs xx

10/05/2014 at 10:37

Mike, it will be hard to get engaged with the garden - gardening is about hope and expectation and looking forward to results weeks, months, years down the line.  And when you know that you are going to have a long course of treatment, and you don't know how poorly it is all going to make you feel, you can't plant anything with any of that hope and expectation.  Every seedling you sow or cutting you take becomes a 'dependent' which you can't be sure you will be able to look after properly.  So your disengagement is understandable - you have to focus on getting yourself better so that this time next year you are able to get involved as usual.  The one thing you might want to think about is maintenance, because it could be stressful to sit recovering, and watching the weeds take over, the lawn growing like a hayfield, the deadheading not done.  Do you have anyone who could do a bit of that for you?  Can you manage a bit yourself this weekend?  Would it be worth paying a garden maintenance company just to pop in once a month to do a few basics?  I wish I lived closer and could pop round because I think it would be a weight off your mind, just to have order kept.  I will be thinking of you on Monday, and sending you my best wishes - Bee x

10/05/2014 at 16:14

Mike my friend, this is the first time I've been on the forum since last night.I'm so sorry to hear this news but I'm sure you can beat this.Easy for me to say I know.I've only been a member of the site for a few weeks but you have been a real star in that short time.Please try and continue to post...

Much love from Mrs Fish and myself.

10/05/2014 at 16:18

Hope it goes well on Monday Mike

10/05/2014 at 16:19

Mike I feel such a fool.I've just noticed your original post was 9th April and not 9th May.I thought you had found this out last night.  And this is the first time I've read through this thread *duh*

KEF
10/05/2014 at 16:25

Thinking about you Mike.  Doubt we will let this thread drop, bit like Moonies when we "get a member" we don't let them go

PB test I'd get a positive, had glandular fever when I was 5. First year at school and other kids said you caught it by playing near dustbins, so you were a mucky person.

KEF
10/05/2014 at 16:27

Fishy me thinks you've had plenty on your mind.

10/05/2014 at 23:07

Best wishes Mike, good luck on Monday, keep strong. Hand being held...and not letting go.

10/05/2014 at 23:11

KEF. Mike agrees.  I am in PM contact with Fishy.   EOS.

Hey friends and fellow gardeners..  WOW! what more can I say.  Look matey's  I am just a normal man in the street. Sadly I spotted some of the red stuff when taking a leak. GP referred me etc. OK.  For anyone of us.  Going through various tests etc. Not nice, bang goes your privacy etc, and at time the treatments hurt.  Sad to say. Yes it might be great at times when we attain great ages, however.  Fame has its own rewards or complications.  Yes it is sad.  When one ebnters the twylight yeras onlt to find, perhaps even more health problems. Cancersm dementia etc. Thankfully the good Lord promises us a much better future. In the mean time, we either accept or reject help.  In all honesty, you my beloved forum members,  We have never met, and probably never will. However.  We have buillt up such a strong relationship.  We don't criticise each others methods of gardening.  We have become a very close knit community. Then diversing from plants etc. to more personal problems.  Hey friends. I speak in this instance from the heart.  To me in my hour of need, you have all become such pillars of support.  Thank you. So just a day away, and all will be revealed.  I must be honest here and now.  Based on my religious beliefs, I have certain boundaries medically.  Believe me.  I am not worired. My dear friends.  How can I ever thank you for yor support..  Guys and Dolls.  Many kisses many thanks.  I love you all.

10/05/2014 at 23:20

Hi Mike, glad the blood test went well.  Thinking about you in Monday and keeping everything crossed for you.

Fishy, I must apologise to you because I think I've missed posting, I think I read somewhere your wife has been / is poorly.  Think b about you too and sorry I haven't sent my best wishes to you both before.

HUGE ((hugs)) to all those poorly or with poorly loved ones tonight and to all those that are still waiting for a positive outcome xx

141 to 160 of 185 messages