London (change)
Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
1 to 20 of 21 messages
04/08/2013 at 18:55

Hello - anyone else out there get that Sunday evening feeling when you know it'll be a whole working week before you can spend a full morning or afternoon pottering about in the garden?  Humphhh indeed...

04/08/2013 at 19:00

I can just about remember that Tootles, retirement is a wonderful thing 

or would be without all the aches

04/08/2013 at 19:10

..when gardening takes over your life,  I always found it useful to get a job working evenings and weekends only....

04/08/2013 at 19:15

50 working days left until retirement!!! 

04/08/2013 at 19:20

have you got a big chart on the wall and are you crossing out the days Dove?

04/08/2013 at 19:47

Ooooh Dove you lucky thing!  I've got another 27 years... at least!! 

Nut - sorry to hear of your aches.  Perhaps Dove can come and give you a hand in 50 days time!

04/08/2013 at 20:00

Hi Tootles, I work as a gardener and never get that Sunday evening feeling  Saying that, I have got next week off and am looking forward to not gardening for everyone else for a week...

04/08/2013 at 20:11

PaulaH - I hope you have a fab week off.  Lots of time to garden for yourself...and drink lots of tea...eat cake...listen to the radio...go for long walks...maybe a bit of shopping.... I am VERY jealous!!

04/08/2013 at 20:14

Some of that going on Tootles, but also a trip to cinema with offspring and also a day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach  as its nearer than Alton Towers!  Hopefully will get out and do something in my own garden as well.

04/08/2013 at 20:38
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Yes!!! 

As for helping you out - I think Tootles is just a bit closer to you than we are  - but we're happy to come and supervise - we could bring sandwiches and cake - we owe you a lunch 

04/08/2013 at 21:00

Ditto to what Paula said....except the week off obviously.

04/08/2013 at 21:08

Rats! Could only see Paula's first post when I posted because of gremlins in system so ditto to not getting Sunday evening feeling. Am not off to cinema or Blackpool UNpleasure beach!   

04/08/2013 at 21:11

I'm pleased to say that I'm on holiday for the summer. Sunday evenings are so much nicer when work is not looming on Monday morning. I don't feel rushed over the weekend but can plan for what to do tommorow.

Afraid I've got years working before retirement being only 27

04/08/2013 at 21:18
Dovefromabove wrote (see)
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Yes!!! 

As for helping you out - I think Tootles is just a bit closer to you than we are  - but we're happy to come and supervise - we could bring sandwiches and cake - we owe you a lunch 

i think you may be right about relative distance Dove, though I've never been really sure where Kesteven is. I thought it might be another of those invented places like Uttlesford, which I'd never heard of til I worked there.

Bring the sandwiches and cake any time you like. I've still got Cyclamen coum in a pot waiting for you. Which reminds me, the first of the Cyclamen hederifloium are out, I'd better weed round them before they get too advanced and I knock the heads off. I won't make the mistake of running the hover mower over them again though. Did that many years ago before I realised how far they were above ground level. One of the biggest got a shave. Didn't kill it, flowered round the edges for a couple of years and is OK now

04/08/2013 at 22:16
The potty gardener wrote (see)

Afraid I've got years working before retirement being only 27

Obviously everybody on the forum has taken early retirement potty - it is a well known fact that everyone on here is precisely the same age (27)

04/08/2013 at 22:22

Very early retirement Sara,8 years ago and only 27 now

04/08/2013 at 23:13

I sympathise Tootles - got exactly that feeling now.  Join us on the early shift on Morning Forkers - at least you then get to talk gardening for 10 minutes before you start your working day

05/08/2013 at 04:56

Same, I'm sick of seeing two 5 'o'clock's in one day.

Though I am working from home this week. No trains, no people too close to me.  

Yippy

05/08/2013 at 08:35

Week off hurrah!!!! Sooo looking forward to some deadheading and pootle time in the gardenStroking some strawberry runners etc..... Mmmmm I have 24 years 5 months and 13 days left till I retire!!!! 

05/08/2013 at 08:53

Nut , I shall have to investigate our C. hedereifolium - as I recall they greeted us the week after we moved here which will be two years ago next weekend - thing is the self-seeded foxgloves are growing all over them, I shalll have to do a bit of judicious tidying and trimming.

MIL is in South Kesteven, so not far from you at all - it's printed on her wheelie bins but that's the only place I've ever seen it referred to - we've not been that way since we visited you - too busy gardening and visiting Cornwall and Wales - MIL and niece are visiting here in a couple of weeks - we'll be going that way again sometime before Christmas - when the garden can be trusted to get on with things on it's own 

1 to 20 of 21 messages