Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 21 replies

Tootles

Hello - anyone else out there get that Sunday evening feeling when you know it'll be a whole working week before you can spend a full morning or afternoon pottering about in the garden?  Humphhh indeed...

nutcutlet

I can just about remember that Tootles, retirement is a wonderful thing 

or would be without all the aches

Salino

..when gardening takes over your life,  I always found it useful to get a job working evenings and weekends only....

Dovefromabove

50 working days left until retirement!!! 

nutcutlet

have you got a big chart on the wall and are you crossing out the days Dove?

Advertisement

Tootles

Ooooh Dove you lucky thing!  I've got another 27 years... at least!! 

Nut - sorry to hear of your aches.  Perhaps Dove can come and give you a hand in 50 days time!

X

Hi Tootles, I work as a gardener and never get that Sunday evening feeling  Saying that, I have got next week off and am looking forward to not gardening for everyone else for a week...

Tootles

PaulaH - I hope you have a fab week off.  Lots of time to garden for yourself...and drink lots of tea...eat cake...listen to the radio...go for long walks...maybe a bit of shopping.... I am VERY jealous!!

X

Some of that going on Tootles, but also a trip to cinema with offspring and also a day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach  as its nearer than Alton Towers!  Hopefully will get out and do something in my own garden as well.

Dovefromabove
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Yes!!! 

As for helping you out - I think Tootles is just a bit closer to you than we are  - but we're happy to come and supervise - we could bring sandwiches and cake - we owe you a lunch 

addict

Ditto to what Paula said....except the week off obviously.

addict

Rats! Could only see Paula's first post when I posted because of gremlins in system so ditto to not getting Sunday evening feeling. Am not off to cinema or Blackpool UNpleasure beach!   

The potty gardener

I'm pleased to say that I'm on holiday for the summer. Sunday evenings are so much nicer when work is not looming on Monday morning. I don't feel rushed over the weekend but can plan for what to do tommorow.

Afraid I've got years working before retirement being only 27

nutcutlet
Dovefromabove wrote (see)
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Yes!!! 

As for helping you out - I think Tootles is just a bit closer to you than we are  - but we're happy to come and supervise - we could bring sandwiches and cake - we owe you a lunch 

i think you may be right about relative distance Dove, though I've never been really sure where Kesteven is. I thought it might be another of those invented places like Uttlesford, which I'd never heard of til I worked there.

Bring the sandwiches and cake any time you like. I've still got Cyclamen coum in a pot waiting for you. Which reminds me, the first of the Cyclamen hederifloium are out, I'd better weed round them before they get too advanced and I knock the heads off. I won't make the mistake of running the hover mower over them again though. Did that many years ago before I realised how far they were above ground level. One of the biggest got a shave. Didn't kill it, flowered round the edges for a couple of years and is OK now

Sara 4
The potty gardener wrote (see)

Afraid I've got years working before retirement being only 27

Obviously everybody on the forum has taken early retirement potty - it is a well known fact that everyone on here is precisely the same age (27)

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Very early retirement Sara,8 years ago and only 27 now

chicky

I sympathise Tootles - got exactly that feeling now.  Join us on the early shift on Morning Forkers - at least you then get to talk gardening for 10 minutes before you start your working day

ZombieGardener

Same, I'm sick of seeing two 5 'o'clock's in one day.

Though I am working from home this week. No trains, no people too close to me.  

Yippy

Stacey Docherty

Week off hurrah!!!! Sooo looking forward to some deadheading and pootle time in the gardenStroking some strawberry runners etc..... Mmmmm I have 24 years 5 months and 13 days left till I retire!!!! 

Dovefromabove

Nut , I shall have to investigate our C. hedereifolium - as I recall they greeted us the week after we moved here which will be two years ago next weekend - thing is the self-seeded foxgloves are growing all over them, I shalll have to do a bit of judicious tidying and trimming.

MIL is in South Kesteven, so not far from you at all - it's printed on her wheelie bins but that's the only place I've ever seen it referred to - we've not been that way since we visited you - too busy gardening and visiting Cornwall and Wales - MIL and niece are visiting here in a couple of weeks - we'll be going that way again sometime before Christmas - when the garden can be trusted to get on with things on it's own