London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 17°C
41 to 60 of 68 messages
20/08/2012 at 13:22

Thanks kate1123 for telling me about the repeat program. I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Will be a regular viewer from now on.

20/08/2012 at 16:00

I watch Beechgrove and GW and find that they work well in combination.  I like the differences in style and content so between them I get a good weekly injection of gardening inspiration.  

As for The Flowerpot Men - dreadful programme.  I stuck with it but won't bother again.     Its saving grace was the establishment of a garden for the residents of the care home that funding couldn't run to and for me a greater understanding of the plight of families and sufferers of dementia and the long goodbye.

20/08/2012 at 23:08

Thank you kate1123 and others for telling me about Beechgrove. What alovely programme.I now have it on series record as I don't want to miss any.

20/08/2012 at 23:17

You can add my thanks to the list too, I hadn't heard of Beechgrove before I signed up here.

23/08/2012 at 02:25

Love beechgrove .Thanks for letting me know

23/08/2012 at 10:36

can anyone tell what channel beechgrove is on.. never heard of it .

23/08/2012 at 11:32

Thursday 23rd August, BBC2 Scotland at 7.30pm and repeated Sunday 26th August, BBC2 Scotland at 5pm

Tried again to watch The Flowerpot Men last night, lasted about 12 seconds and switched channels.

23/08/2012 at 12:27
gardeningfantic wrote (see)

can anyone tell what channel beechgrove is on.. never heard of it .

If you have sky- ch 990-if not use i-player to catch up- it is there for 7 days after broadcast

23/08/2012 at 12:38

thanks sotongeoff.. will give it a look

23/08/2012 at 14:03

Our playground was featured on last night's The Flowerpot Gang.  We designed, built and installed a natural climbing frame from a felled tree and free standing flowered sun parsols.  I hope you enjoyed it and if you would like to see more of our projects please go to our website at www.infiniteplaygrounds.co.uk

23/08/2012 at 14:12
Infinite Playgrounds wrote (see)

Our playground was featured on last night's The Flowerpot Gang.  We designed, built and installed a natural climbing frame from a felled tree and free standing flowered sun parsols.  I hope you enjoyed it and if you would like to see more of our projects please go to our website at www.infiniteplaygrounds.co.uk

And here you are again- for the second time today- advertising you products

23/08/2012 at 19:08

@Infinite Playgrounds, have you read the rest of this thread that heavily criticised TFG as being truly awful and you now want to associated your company with this programme. I am sure that you are a great company and that it was a great cause but still sentimental daytime tv.

If I was you I would plug yourself in a different way.

23/08/2012 at 20:54

No thanks. I read about the programme, discovered who the presenters were and thought "Oh no, not another dreadful makeover show!" It seems I am right. I enjoy GARDENING programmes, not his twoddle.

25/08/2012 at 22:07

It would be really nice if the bbc took notice of all of the comments here. It seems that all most gardeners want is a programme that gives advice, not just the measly two or three minutes that we are "allowed" from Monty when he suggests things we might do this week-end. What a shame, I'm sure it's not the cost when you see some of the dross that is show. Another antiques show anyone?

26/08/2012 at 16:25

I did not watch the programme and I never will.  Someone who did watch it told me how terrible it was and they were dismayed that in the programme they removed paving slabs from the site they were building and smashed them up and put them in a skip.  I would have thought that in the days where we are all encouraged to reduce the amount that is put into landfill sites this was not the message that should be put across.  Why not advertise the pavers on the local freecycle.  Freecycle is a wonderful site, I have put lots of things on there that we don't need anymore especially, pavers, bricks etc and have met some lovely fellow gardeners along the way. 

26/08/2012 at 17:45

Lavender Lady agree about how brill freecycle/freegle is. I've got some lovely plants from people on there. I was lucky enough on Friday to get an old wooden stepladder which I plan to use for plants next summer. My son told me I really did not need it!!!   I'm sure so many people would have appreciated the paving slabs they took up!!!

27/08/2012 at 20:46

I just cant bring myself to watch another "ground force" type gardening programme-judging by the comments here,it sounds like one of those types.such a shame!but dont expect the bbc to listen to any of us wanting more proper gardening programmes/i listen to the archers(i know im going off topic sorry!) and theres a right to do with lots of people complaining about how bad its got and they dont care.how about an hours monty on fridays?!with lots more nigel helping out!

27/08/2012 at 21:34

I probably should investigate freecycle a bit more.

I've only listened to a few epsisodes of The Archers and that was only recently. I would love to see an hour of GW. I really enjoyed last weeks episode, but I'm a bit worried about the increasing time spent on Nigel.

27/08/2012 at 22:21

Claire, 'Nigel helping out' - just for a moment there this Archers listener had visions of the late lamented Mr Pargeter showing us how to tend our grapevines ;- )

I would like to thank those upthread who gave instructions for finding Beechgrove. I've just watched the one I recorded and enjoyed it very much.

28/08/2012 at 15:13

I have a Virgin channel written down for Beechgrove Garden, but haven't tried it yet. 862.  Don't know if we can watch it in the south.  I have been watching it every week on catch-up and it is at least a gardening programme, unlike the Flower Pot Gang. Although I have to say that the show is well named as it is about as informative about gardening as the original Flower Pot Men.  Does any one know which one is "little weed"?

41 to 60 of 68 messages