61 to 68 of 68 messages
29/08/2012 at 14:45

I too watched about 3 minutes of the Flower Pot gang programme and had the same opinion as the majority.

Will definately try Beechgrove either on IPlayer or sky.

I read the GW mag each month and really enjoy Joe's articles on garden design.  HEY! BBC - How about making a programme based on Joe's articles where he visits REAL gardens who use the same principles that he writes about in his articles?  No expensive contractors to pay, just go to a real-life garden where I am sure the owner will be thrilled to show the viewer around, discuss design, materials used, planting for various aspects and conditions?

PS - Will definately expect a concept/ideas fee if this is taken up!!!

29/08/2012 at 15:45

I have watched one progamme and thought that it was put over in a childish manner and not professional at all. In fact it was a very poor imitation of Alan Titchmarch's ITV programme which was excellent

I think that if progs are to be copied then only the proper gardeners eg Monty Alan Charlie Dimmock etc should be used.

30/08/2012 at 09:08

I agree with SFord's comments. Didn't bother watching F P G last night. I'm looking forward to watching Beechgrove tonight,and am very grateful to everyone on here who told me about it.

30/08/2012 at 11:15

A quick word of warning Beechgrove has moved to Friday night at 8.30 pm the powers that be at the BBC have had another meltdown it also managed to lose it series link so be warned if you have it linked

30/08/2012 at 11:47

Thank you Kate 1123, will remember that.

I do wonder, however, how come the only two decent gardening programmes on BBC and they are both on at the same day and time. 

30/08/2012 at 12:09

well i tried to watch last nights show.. but to be honest can someone tell me why my liecnce money is being wasted on Phil Tuffnell.. i have yet to see what he puts in to the show.. Anneka is not so mad.. but really.. it is not good.

i gave beechgrove the look and enjoyed it.. but now told that it is on with GW.. well i watched it on iplayer so will to that again.

30/08/2012 at 22:38

As far as I'm concerned, the Flower Pot gang can go and Flower Pot back to the garden shed.

What a load of weeeed !!

30/08/2012 at 23:11
The flowerpot gang is definitely,not a gardening prog. But, I have come to enjoy it. It brings people together and brings joy. Even Tuffnell is becoming an acceptable fun element in it. We do need proper gardening progs but flowerpot gang is a community project presentation designed to make pele happy. What's wrong with that?
email image
61 to 68 of 68 messages