London (change)
Today 16°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
13 messages
27/07/2013 at 13:06

HI All i have the hump again parked the car in supermarket yesterday finished shopping returned to car some D--- Head trying to park there 4/4 could not get into the spot reversed out yes hit my car my son is in the car business looking at several hundred euros for repairs C.C.T.V could not pick up the reg so they say i had to go to the police security can not show me the film heard nuthing from the police probely wont

Oh well got some gardening done before the rain came

JB

27/07/2013 at 14:59

I feel your pain, there are some real idiots about who think the road- and the car parks- belong to them and them alone.

27/07/2013 at 15:09

bad luck James

27/07/2013 at 16:05

James the trouble with car parks is that they were never designed for the size of cars so many people have nowadays. I just recently changed my 4x4 which I used for hillwalking and also because I lived and worked semi rurally, and I miss it terribly, but I always picked my spot carefully in car parks. Too many have them when they don't really  need them either - I live in an area where every second car is a 4x4, and mainly driven by women doing the school run and a bit of light lunching with their friends. The nearest they get to needing four wheel drive is when they go up their own driveways. Actually they're the ones who just park over two spaces in car parks anyway ...

It's infuriating when people hit your car and disappear though. Not nice.

KEF
27/07/2013 at 16:14

Sympathies James. I'm angry for you.

27/07/2013 at 17:46

Sorry for you James

28/07/2013 at 06:55

unlucky james, dont know what the police with do as supermarket car parks are normally private land, unless you get a decent person who gives details there is not much anyone can do. 

28/07/2013 at 07:37

all supermarket car parks are private land and I also think you are not covered by your insurance and the supermarket will have a sign some where with a disclamer.

I feel your pain James

28/07/2013 at 10:51

Police aren't interested in accidents unless there is injury.  Supermarket car parks may be private land, but you can be done for all moving traffic infringements in them.

No seat belt, use of mobile phone.

Certainly you will be covered by your insurance, but only if you catch the perpetrator of the damage and exchange details.  But of course, most car park damage is not usually worth the loss of no-claims, excess, etc.

30/07/2013 at 23:34

Hi,

I now live here in france and although its like going back some 50 years in a lot of ways  in this part of france "deep in the countryside" ie It's the norm to see older ladies driving tractors or even horse drawn farming trailers,

the french supermarket parking is as the norm very good (large car parks) that are never full "but inspite of the size of these car parks the french insists on parking as close to the entrance doorway as poss, "im sure if they could they'd park in the shop"

Now i cant stand being hit by old ladies and their trollies or feel odd trying to squeeze past the peope who decide to block the isle while they have a chat (sod anyone who's trying to shop)

And so im sure you'll understand why i stay in my pride and joy "well across the carpark out of everyones way,

But boy do you see some sights when your just looking out of the cars window,

people who cant be bothered to return the trolly to its collection point, they just leave it on the car park,

People who park up and then cant get out of their car,

people who slam their car door against the car parked next to them,

And the "oh i can't wait to use the loo so i'll peee all over the car next to me.

I never seem to have anyone parked near to me because i park as far away from other car user's as poss.

31/07/2013 at 00:44

I always park my pride and joy as far away from the doors as possible, or try to park between two looked after cars - you can tell them apart.  If I can't do that I take a quick pic of the cars parked next to me - just in case.   I realise I sound more than a little neurotic, but I've had the same problems in the past.

31/07/2013 at 01:48

I think one can tell so much about a person by the way he/she drives and parks. For some reason, when I park in a spot which has empty spaces all around it, I  just know that the next person looking for a spot will pull in right beside me.  I feel as though I'm fighting a losing battle.  Fingers crossed when exiting a spot, too. Pedestrians not watching where they're walking drive me around the bend.

31/07/2013 at 07:02

Think yourself lucky it was just your car!! My husband got hit by a car in the supermarket car park on a zebra crossing (broke his leg) the car stopped and my husband shouted you were going too fast the person said they would park up!! Needless to say they drive off!! I demanded to see the CCTe kicking up quite a fuss and they let me! The CCTV didn't cover the car park s despite there being cameras everywhere! I was told by security the reason was the supermarket should have to employ x 2 people to watch both camera instead of just 1 person to watch the I store camerasPolice reported it to the police and they wrote back saying they had viewed the CCTV ( really!!) adid could not identify the car!! No shock there then!!!!

email image
13 messages