Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Idle chit chat

HI All i have the hump again parked the car in supermarket yesterday finished shopping returned to car some D--- Head trying to park there 4/4 could not get into the spot reversed out yes hit my car my son is in the car business looking at several hundred euros for repairs C.C.T.V could not pick up the reg so they say i had to go to the police security can not show me the film heard nuthing from the police probely wont

Oh well got some gardening done before the rain came

JB

• EllieLEllieL Posts: 5

I feel your pain, there are some real idiots about who think the road- and the car parks- belong to them and them alone.

• little-annlittle-ann Posts: 878

bad luck James

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

James the trouble with car parks is that they were never designed for the size of cars so many people have nowadays. I just recently changed my 4x4 which I used for hillwalking and also because I lived and worked semi rurally, and I miss it terribly, but I always picked my spot carefully in car parks. Too many have them when they don't really  need them either - I live in an area where every second car is a 4x4, and mainly driven by women doing the school run and a bit of light lunching with their friends. The nearest they get to needing four wheel drive is when they go up their own driveways. Actually they're the ones who just park over two spaces in car parks anyway ...imageimage

It's infuriating when people hit your car and disappear though. Not nice.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Sympathies James. I'm angry for you.image

• Sorry for you James image

• unlucky james, dont know what the police with do as supermarket car parks are normally private land, unless you get a decent person who gives details there is not much anyone can do. 

• all supermarket car parks are private land and I also think you are not covered by your insurance and the supermarket will have a sign some where with a disclamer.

I feel your pain James

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Police aren't interested in accidents unless there is injury.  Supermarket car parks may be private land, but you can be done for all moving traffic infringements in them.

No seat belt, use of mobile phone.

Certainly you will be covered by your insurance, but only if you catch the perpetrator of the damage and exchange details.  But of course, most car park damage is not usually worth the loss of no-claims, excess, etc.

• FarmergeddunFarmergeddun Posts: 229

I always park my pride and joy as far away from the doors as possible, or try to park between two looked after cars - you can tell them apart.  If I can't do that I take a quick pic of the cars parked next to me - just in case.   I realise I sound more than a little neurotic, but I've had the same problems in the past.

• LavendulaLavendula Posts: 1

I think one can tell so much about a person by the way he/she drives and parks. For some reason, when I park in a spot which has empty spaces all around it, I  just know that the next person looking for a spot will pull in right beside me.  I feel as though I'm fighting a losing battle.  Fingers crossed when exiting a spot, too. Pedestrians not watching where they're walking drive me around the bend.