Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Independence Day?

Well here we go - a roller coaster ride for sure. It will be something to keep people talking about - either pro or con - for many months.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

UK leaves EU and the £GBP falls to its lowest level for over 30 years. I hope those who voted Leave are looking forward to interest rates rising and your mortgage costing more.

Devon.

Not scaremongering.  REALITY. 

Devon.
  • ecokidecokid Posts: 138

It's a sad day. Again over 50s (most of those who use this site presumably) who have decided for the generations who are going to be most impacted. Goodbye worker rights and to what meagre environmental protection we already have. 

Wise words Eco kid . Many of those who voted to leave will be dead before we've stopped paying and get "out", but their children and grandchildren , most who didn't get the chance to vote, will  have to live with the consequences for the rest of THEIR  lives.

Devon.
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

I've been being sick all night - probably because of a bug or something I ate rather than the result - but who knows.  

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

That's the trouble, we'll all be paying for this for decades, and so will the rest of the EU, and not only in monetary terms. I feel sick even without a stomach bug.

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342

im very fearful and apprehensive. I don't usually share my views on politics and very often I avoid arguments but this is distressing news. What's more maddening is all the  people on social media who say "couldn't be bothered to vote cos it don't change anything" my view is if you are eligible you should vote, if you don't you havent a leg to stand on if you don't like the result. after saying that this was a sad day for the country on Twitter this morning it has attracted trolls, I have been sworn at and told to leave the country. If this is the future then I'm not sure I'm going to like it. 

• B3B3 Posts: 27,481

Johnson Gove Farageimage 

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

Sophie, that's why I usually don't express any political views online, and I had not intended to here either, but I'm too shocked now.

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342

The trolls don't bother me, I don't give the satisfaction of a response and just block them. They are entitled to their opinion just as I am. They are not entitled however to be abusive and swear at people they have never met. This whole in/out campaign has been full of lies, misleading information and scaremongering from both sides