London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
12 messages
11/07/2014 at 00:04
Firing up the puter tonight. Emails. So and so from Gardenersworls etc has sent you a message. Wowee! The message was from a reprter of a well known US journal. This reporter had read my posts on snails and slugs and wished to speak with me. Firstly. Great that this forum is read by our cousins across the pond. So who knows. Is Mike to become a household name in the states? Don't hold your breath.
11/07/2014 at 07:21

Look forward to seeing whst happens! 

11/07/2014 at 08:38

Very interesting Mike - something to get your teeth into (I don't mean the snails and slugs).  Is he going to get in touch with you soon.

11/07/2014 at 11:25

Which is why a little while ago, several others and myself were concerned about the personal details you had divulged.  

Be wary, dear friend. 

Lyn
11/07/2014 at 11:47

The whole world could have a profile on Mike by now, we know his name, address email, daughters maiden name, area she lives in grandchildrens names, previous jobs, and now contacted from someone abroad who wants to speak to him, so theres his phone number, not a good idea, rogues build up these profile and its not for friendly reasons.

11/07/2014 at 12:28

..last night there was an advertisement at the top of the forum page, telling me that I had a 'personal message'... and to click on it... it has disappeared today... these things are not to be trusted.. I do wonder if sites like this can be hacked into quite easily....

11/07/2014 at 12:35

I've had some of these Flashing - You Have Mail Pop Up messages.  They're nothing but adverts - I ignore them. 

11/07/2014 at 12:43

Mike - can I suggest that you contact the Editor of the journal and check out the credentials of the person who's contacted you.   The journal will have a website with contact details. 

There have been instances in the past of forum members being contacted by people who have unpleasant intentions. 

11/07/2014 at 12:49

It's clever but quite freaky how 'they' get hold of your info. I've been applying for jobs lately and have started getting emails addressed to me from barely literate 'businesses' offering me amazing jobs (which they don't specify).

Hopefully Mikes is genuine though.

11/07/2014 at 12:49

Mike, didn't you post somewhere the other day that you were contacted by someone else too?  It seems a bit strange, 2 people contacting you in such a short space of time.  Please be careful.

I found your other comment....

"I had an email today from Rebecca. The lady in charge of the BBC 2 program. It seems I had posted somewhere, that I was a Lily enthusiast and was adding to my collection."

Please just make sure these people are who they say they are and as Dove says check them out fully.

Edd
11/07/2014 at 13:21

Adding a adblocker to your extensions stops all the messaging problems. Unfortunately it also stops videos from working so you have to disable it if you want to watch thinks on this site.

11/07/2014 at 22:35
Friends. Thank you so much for your concern. However I am an open bloke. To begin with. This lady from the States has provided her business and private contact details. The journal is a highly respect NY publication. The previous contact Rebecca of BBC 2. She had some while back posted on the forum. To be honest. Might I ask. Is there any privacy etc left in this world? The data protection act, is supposed to be there for our protection. More people know more about me due to that act. Should I wish to take a look at what's on file. I have to pay. Letters from insurance companies come through the post, and in my case so often end up in someone else' letterbox. There all set out. My full name, address DOB marital status etc. A couple of years back. I had an up & downer over the electoral register. We were marked as excluded from the public register. 192.Com had just about everything about us for all to see. Many of my police mates, when checking found their details there for all to see, despite they also had elected..none publication. Even with so-called confidentiality via banks, building soc's etc. The small print which most of us fail to read, by us signing etc, they then have the right to share our information. It is very big business. For instance with the internet. Cookies etc. This evening I had an email from another garden forum. I have never posted on it. Right at the top of the page. Details of some microscope slides I had been checking out. I have googled my username for other sites. It is like reading who's who. Anyway my dear friends. Thanks for the concern. Luv u lot...loads.
email image
12 messages