London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
21 to 40 of 44 messages
09/07/2012 at 16:10

I get the impression that quite a few people appear once to ask a question then go away and are never seen again.

09/07/2012 at 16:59

I've no problem with that, Flo. Many people aren't as addicted as you and me.

Joe

09/07/2012 at 22:34

Yes, they probably go away and get on with their gardens ;- )

09/07/2012 at 23:10
I wish I knew the answer Gary, chocolate orange sounds yummy !!
09/07/2012 at 23:22

I actually only joined/registered a couple of days ago purely because you folks seem polite and courteous to everyone, whether they're a newbie to gardening (like myself) or the peeps who know what they are doing. I visit a few forums on a few sites when I google a question, and they pop up in the search results, but many of the others seem full of sarcastic souls, who make you feel small for not knowing what might seem obvious to them. I love this site, and glad I joined. You all have valuable information that a newbie like me needs to learn. So a big thankyou to all of you! xx

10/07/2012 at 00:14
FloBear wrote (see)

Frank, if you held a door open for me I'd beam and say thank you. But then I'm an 'older one'. If I got to the door first, I'd hold it for you, though.

FloBear, now I know if a Lady holds a door for me it is you, we could talk about the garden.
Trouble is we get so used to doors opening for us I walked into one the other day expecting it to open, luckily my nose acts as a bumper.

Frank

10/07/2012 at 07:02

The doors of the future-no-one has to hold them open

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/sliding-doors_288x288.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/StarTrekDoorsfinal.jpg

10/07/2012 at 08:49

click on you name at the top of the page, options are listed, choose your posts two clicks only all my posts are listed not just the last ten

10/07/2012 at 08:51
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

I actually only joined/registered a couple of days ago purely because you folks seem polite and courteous to everyone, whether they're a newbie to gardening (like myself) or the peeps who know what they are doing. I visit a few forums on a few sites when I google a question, and they pop up in the search results, but many of the others seem full of sarcastic souls, who make you feel small for not knowing what might seem obvious to them. I love this site, and glad I joined. You all have valuable information that a newbie like me needs to learn. So a big thankyou to all of you! xx

Well, Insomnia, it's posts like this that makes it all worth while for me.

....and guess what? I live on the edge of Cannock Chase too.

10/07/2012 at 09:24
little-ann wrote (see)

click on you name at the top of the page, options are listed, choose your posts two clicks only all my posts are listed not just the last ten

Doesn't work for me-still only get the last ten

10/07/2012 at 09:51

sorry about that because it said messages from 1 to 23 i assumed they were all listed but hadnt tried to go past the ten,

10/07/2012 at 09:53

It is back to the pagination issue-that we are waiting for a fix on

10/07/2012 at 09:53

What we need is one that shows your posts (not just the last 10 preferably!) & (the important bit) - how many replies if any it's had since.

So you can click on it & the thread appears with all the new repiles, but you know not to bother if there haven't been any since.

That's how it worked on the Beeb gardening forum anyway & I used the feature all the time. 

The emails partly solve this, but not as quickly or neatly.

I think a thank you never goes amiss, neither does holding a door open for anyone. 

10/07/2012 at 11:14

Ooh David! That's great! I have a 'neighbour' on the forums!

10/07/2012 at 11:27
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

Ooh David! That's great! I have a 'neighbour' on the forums!

Watch it..... I'll have you & the little un growing sweet peas before you know it!

10/07/2012 at 12:54

Hi Insomnia.  You said some nice things and I agree with you.  I doubt there's a person anywhere who knows everything about something, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who know a little about a lot of things and then some who know quite a lot about a few things. 

Then, there are some who are just plain bonkers - like me.....

10/07/2012 at 13:14

Ah- but there are those who think they know about everything....................

10/07/2012 at 13:51

Dont get me started on the lack of consideration to others nowadays!

I'll always hold a door for someone if they are close behind me, whatever their age/sex. Good manners cost nothing.

Lots of knowledge on these boards, freely given & yes very annoying when no further response from the OP, but that's some people for you....

Little-Ann, glad to 'hear' from you. J.

10/07/2012 at 14:29

Ooh David! Sweet peas. Hadn't thought of doing them. Nice!

and Robot and sotongeoff, I agree, especially those who 'think' they know everything. But I do believe no matter how much you know, little or a lot, there is a certain way of sharing that knowledge, which you guys do to perfection. Precise, informative and clear. Without belittling people and sarcasm. Love it!

10/07/2012 at 14:35

Insomnia1973-why that username?-

can I also welcome you to this board-there is a lightness here and and if you want to join in the frivolity on the chat thread feel free-it is not much to do about gardening-but just innocent ramblings

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/fork-handles/3533-93.html

21 to 40 of 44 messages