Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

June in Your Garden!

Here goes the full on month of Juneimage

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Some more photos, hope you don't get bored image

and just to show the massive gaps...

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

An Invitation to View Junw 2012.

<span style="font-size: x-small;">Ok,so here is the garden this morning. I could go through and put names on the plants, but I am too tired at present.
    <a href="http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/Owdboggy/June 2012/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/Owdboggy/June 2012/&lt;/a&gt;

Try again.

<span style="font-size: x-small;">Ok,so here is the garden this morning. I could go through and put names on the plants, but I am too tired at present.
    <a title="An invitation to View June 2012" href="http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/Owdboggy/June 2012/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/Owdboggy/June 2012/&lt;/a&gt;

Sorry, no idea how to post a link

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    Planted out butternut squash, 10 strawberry plants, a dozen beetroot, sunflowers and globe artichoke. Wandered round for ages with a tarragon and a Rosemary, couldn't decide, so dunked them in pot of seaweed solution to keep them happy. Just getting into swing of a full day's gardening when Bloke turned up with man flu. So that was an hour wasted! Have magnificent sentinels of foxgloves in flower, the peony is just on the brink. First pinks are out as well, will go back out to clear up and cut them for that heavenly scent. Rain forecast for tomorrow afternoon and through the night, so will finish planting up my mate's grave in the morning.
  • gardeningfanticgardeningfantic Posts: 1,019

@wintersong.. never get bored looking at gardens.. yours is so lush and green.. mine is dry and parchedimage i know as i am writing this it sounds wrong but rightimage

yes it is june and everything is slowing down in my garden..needs refreshments.. due on sunday I am told.

@figrat.. you have been busy.. that wouldnt be sotongeoff would it.. he has manfluimage

my foxgloves are doing veyr well..would add picture..but on other computer and they not on this one.. hope to plant out rudbeckias tomorrow as they are straining in their pots.. and as thye have rain forecast, what better time.

Another whole day in the garden with that sort of what did I actually do feeling...

I remember the last job of the day was pricking out a load of self seeded Alchemilla Mollis into a tray to grow on and yes-yes, this will become a pest in a few years time but not yet image I love so many things about this plant and its only real drawback is that it wilts a little in the hottest part of the day (big girls blouse).

I also potted on some propagated plants desperate for leg room but not yet ready for open ground and before that I was busy tidying up and oh yes, I cut my Choisya ternata hard back today as it had finished flowering and was more like a wall than a shrub.

Before that I took photos to keep track of things that need changing in the autumn and first thing this morning I was pottering about mumbling promises to OH about not being too busy today.

So that's my day in reverse, now I can go to sleep and wake up one day younger image 

• InkadogInkadog Posts: 492

Rained all night here and today I suffer from a lack of ambition.Have gone up the ladder and cleared some gutters-but that's it for outside today.

Wintersong, admiring your bayberry in the photo inspired me to go out and check my babies--I have 6 self-seeded ones in a pot, and two are 6" tall already. They are "Rose Glow" as well--and bright pink. Bonus!

@Inkadog, oh how lovely! I've never had any seedlings of berberis......yet. I should very much like some although they are reputedly slow growersimage so future reports on their progress will be anticipated image

I'm also not especially fond of their thorns when I have to weed or prune my mature Bereberis Thunbergii atropurpurea in the front garden as I inevitably get scratched, but don't they just add such sultry elegance to a borderimage 

• AllotmentMaxAllotmentMax Posts: 189

@wintersong - always love your photos.  Your garden does you proud

Have been trying to download some photos this evening, but it's not happening.  Kept coming up with errors, problem with website.  Will try again another day. image