6 messages
13/02/2013 at 16:22

Hi all ,here we go again,we have just found a juniperus (so the book calls it) coniferus,its about 24" across and 8 Inches high,it has obviously been neglected by the previuos house owner ,we found it in and under a large hedge in the garden,its soil looks dry and dusty and dead,rather than discard should i repot now or water and wait till march/april as it looks in very poor health but i would like to give it a chance ifposs,,weve never handled a coniferous before so hopefully a lesson comeing up from someone

cheers Alan

13/02/2013 at 16:28

What form does this ill health take? If it's gone brown It might as well go now.

13/02/2013 at 17:18

looks like its all tight and been restricted with yellowy ends yet the beginning of  the three branches are  more greener at the base, possibly because of its former position under the hedge no actualy brown dead parts,iv put it in the front garden away from the wind and its heavy rain now so it should appreciate a better position and a drink, you think i should repot tomorrow or no

Alan

13/02/2013 at 17:36

If you like the look of it you can repot it or leave it in the garden. It may survive, worth a try. I don't know of a species called Juniperus coniferus. There's a J.communis and J. conferta, could it be one of those?  However they are all coniferous. Any chance of a pic?  I don't know conifers well but someone might recognise it

13/02/2013 at 19:08

Sorry didnt mean juiperus coniferus ,i ment we had never done a conifer before i think the name is golden pfitzer juniper  so maybe a repot tomorrow to at least give it a fighting chance then many thanks Nut cutlet

Alan4711

13/02/2013 at 19:29

Ah yes. lovely. worth saving if it's not gone too far. Big though. Never seen one in a pot but you can see what happens. Mine is taller than me and about 12 feet across.

email image
6 messages