Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

just info

On Mondays we go to Haylesham Auctions for a morning out ,they also have a plant sale type of auction,excellent prices and loads of good stuff, box of 12 full size mixed heather's i grabbed and all good quality and for £6,, Curly grass,s etc £2 and so on all good ,as you know im retired so just letting you know if your anywhere near, free parking, just thought i,d mention it . I need warm socks

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Hello Alan, I never have worked out how to tell where people are from by looking at their posts. I've just googled haylesham and it keeps jumping to aylesham! where abouts is Haylesham please?

• Think Alan means Keys Auctions at Aylsham - he's still getting used to the Norfolk accent!

http://www.keysauctions.co.uk/ - think they have a General auction once a month.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Thanks Dove!

• I was wrong - the General Sales are usually once a month - the Fine Art auctions that my son goes to are usually monthly image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Tootles,  No,No,No, every Sat for viewing furniture etc and every Monday for the sales we just come back ,Keys Auctioneers at Aylsham its the way this lot speak sorry,the plant sale is in the same place its just the building next door only on Mondays 10AM start for about an hour and a half,bargains galore, Im doing my best to talk Norfolkish but it takes time ,its took me 40 years to lose the Nottingham accent , Cold and sunny erein Muns image