London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 13°C
8 messages
30/06/2012 at 12:13

Been busy in the garden this morning, using my pressure washer. Before packing it away, I decided to lift some spuds for tomorrows dinner. As to be expected after the recent rain, they were pretty muddy, so I put them in the garden riddle & give them a blast with the washer -.Brilliant result, they were not only spotlessly clean, it actually removed the skins more cleanly than could be done in the kitchen.

I know some don't scrape them anymore (vitamins and all that) but we always do.

30/06/2012 at 15:04

Ken, I never peel new potato's but have discovered quite a few uses for my pressure washer besides giving me pristine white paves.
With the long handle the Conservatory roof gets a polish without needing a ladder and it is the full length of the house.
When I removed ivy from the wall after many years I found it difficult to remove those small wisps of root from the brickwork. Holding the pressure pipe at a very narrow angle to the bricks it removed and cleaned the bricks without water logging them, the chap over the road cleaned his bricks with a scrubbing brush and water taking nearly a week, mine took two hours.
Apart from its many uses it keeps the grandkids amused and very wet, I am in the kitchen and can turn the outside tap off before going to get them and clean them up, as I said many uses.

Frank.

30/06/2012 at 16:25

I love my kitchen gadgets (my Kenwood Chef inherited from Hubby's Godmummy is never out of use), but getting the pressure washer out to do my tatties is a bit extreme!

30/06/2012 at 17:17
Haven't got any pressure washer tips, but can relate to Mummy Muddy Paws - I 'inherited' Bloke's mother's Kenwood Chef a couple of weeks ago. It's hardly out of use as every time I make a loaf of bread, Bloke devours most of it in one sitting.
30/06/2012 at 17:37

Just wish I could use the chef to beat fudge - if I make this, I hardly ever get to eat it, as hubby can devour it in one go.  Think using the chef for that would be overkill!

30/06/2012 at 17:47
Mummy Muddy Paws wrote (see)

getting the pressure washer out to do my tatties is a bit extreme!

erm...it was already out.

01/07/2012 at 00:00

great idea David K

07/07/2012 at 08:10

It is a great idea, I gave up growing veg because of the effort of washing clayey carrots and potatoes when I could buy them ready-cleaned. Pathetic, I know!

I'm a bit scared of using the pressure washer on the conmservatory roof in case it finds any weaknesses in the sealing and makes them worse.

email image
8 messages