London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
41 to 60 of 75 messages
08/11/2013 at 12:20

Hi Lyn, looking forward to the country noises. Won't be putting anything in the loft!! There is a skylight, the last tenant said to keep it shut as he has known the bats to come in the bedroom, as much as I love them, don't want them flapping around!! or the cats trying to catch them, it would be mayhem.

It' so quiet, can hear the sheep, the geese, a brook and the birds. Will probably take me a little while to get used it and the pitch blackness at night! Great

08/11/2013 at 12:26

Sounds absolutely wonderful Hollie hock - the street lights here are put out late at night and I love being able to see the stars shining brightly.  

When you say geese, are these wild geese or farmyard, how close are the sheep, what's the brook like .............. photos please 

Lyn
08/11/2013 at 12:35

I love the sound of geese, we havent any here, the sounds are so different, fox screams a bit, screech owls and night jars. 

You wll love it and you can play your records as loud as you want.! No one to annoy.

08/11/2013 at 12:41

Hi Dove, the property is set in a 40 acre farm, so the geese are farmyard ones. From the view of one of the bedrooms, I can see goats!!

The sheep are black ones, no idea what sort! They are in a field a few hundred yards next to the property. I haven't really seen the brook yet, but I can hear it. There's a couple of ponds around so hopeful there will be frogs and toads, would love to see a hedgehog up there as well. Mind you I guess they are starting to hibernate now.

It's not far from where I am now, the main difference is that it is up! Your right I'm really looking forward to seeing the stars

Camera phone is on charge, so will try and take a few pictures and post them later today.

08/11/2013 at 12:46

Your right Lyn, but at the moment I think I'm looking forward to the silence, if that makes sense. I lived in the country as I child so not to easily spooked by strange noises or the dark.

There's a busy road close to me at the moment, and it will be absolute bliss not to hear the traffic

08/11/2013 at 16:51

You will be able to HEAR the SILENCE....SEE the DARKNESS.... and SMELL the FRESH AIR    weird isn't it....

08/11/2013 at 19:34

Sounds great to me wonderboy, I hear the silence up there already and it sounds brilliant!

08/11/2013 at 22:22

Good luck HH, I hope you love your new home, I feel quite envious!

08/11/2013 at 23:20

Thanks maggie, I feel very lucky

09/11/2013 at 09:20

new day, new home, new garden, good luck Hollie

10/11/2013 at 07:40

Hope you are very very happy in your new home Hollie xx

10/11/2013 at 08:28
Your new home looks and sounds fantastic Hollie! Must be hard to leave a garden but what an opportunity to start a new one and in such a lovely place. Relax and enjoy every minute.
09/01/2014 at 18:20

How is your garden?  nice to hear from you again

09/01/2014 at 20:02

I too have just moved home and have pangs of regret at leaving behind 5 years of plant 'friends', silly but true !!. But gave brought some with me to continue the legacy of stability and to start afresh.

Hey ho, every days brings a new challenge and now lets get cracking in the new garden where everywhere looks to be needing some TLC.

Bring on the better weather and Spring 

happy new year to all

09/01/2014 at 20:09

Hello hutchman

are you living in the New Forest now anywhere near Woodgreen?

10/01/2014 at 12:05

Yes & No…. actually moved from Ringwood to Bransgore, which is south of you as the crow flies, if it is fact that actually crows do fly straight ???.

10/01/2014 at 13:30

hutch. you must be surrounded by water at present?

10/01/2014 at 19:08

Yes WWonderboy - "Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink".

Fortunately the amount of rain we have experienced hereabouts has not dampened my spirits with the prospect of starting to give this unloved plot of garden a bit of TLC.

Anyone got a spare mop and bucket  

11/01/2014 at 14:09

Thanks again to everyone, for all their well wishes It's a great place to live

Hi hutch, it was a wrench which I wasn't really expecting, like you I brought some with me and I'm starting again. It's a completley different landscape so lots of learning to come

11/01/2014 at 14:26

hi holly, hope everythings going ok for you 

41 to 60 of 75 messages