Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Leaving my garden

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Take a few, turn your back, and start again with all your accumulated knowledge and enthusiasm. Don't look back.......

Life is full of choices.....take this one and revel in it.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I agree with WW.  

The seed swap will be round again to restockimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Best wishes for your move Hollie!   I would feel just the same as you, but

just think of all the plans you can make during the dark winter days for

your new garden and how lovely to be moving to the country - I do envy you!  image

• don't try to copy what you had... your new garden will call for different solutions. But do have a few echoes of the past... some subtle reminders , happy memories.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pick out your very favorite s and perhaps you could take cuttngs of some of the others. Hope you are very happy in your new home 

• Moving to the practical, your micro climate might be different. You won't know for a while? Is the soil different. Where I live most of the gardens are up the hill on gravelly acid soils. I am in the river valley on alkaline soil. I am in a bit of a frost pocket, in spite of being near a fairly large river. You learn all the slight differences as you go, but that is gardening. If everything was certain it would be much less interesting. Don't fear to fail. I learn most from my mistakes... which must make me very clever indeed...image

• No expertNo expert Posts: 415

Best of luck on the move Hollie.

Moved here myself from London 22 years ago. Had done no gardening over there. Worked at construction for 16 years untill made redundant in 2008. Back gardening since.

Learned how much i forgot in the meantime.

The only thing I brought from my mum and dads home was my rhubarb and it's still going strong.

Grab a few favourites and hit for the hills, and enjoy a new start it's great for the soul.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

How exciting Hollie - a new adventureimage