7 messages
02/06/2014 at 11:03
Hi Does anyone know how I can go about getting our garden levelled? Also, what is the average cost of (what I would call) a medium sized garden? Sorry, I couldn't give you the actual size as I don't know it. I want to start making the garden look really great, fun and safe for my family. I think I'd prefer to have a nice garden more than the actual house itself haha Thanks for any help
02/06/2014 at 15:34

Got a picture Ree and dimensions?

02/06/2014 at 15:50

Costings - are you meaning if you did it yourself or if you got professionals in?

02/06/2014 at 16:13

In which cases the answers are "It depends what you do" and "exorbitant" respectively.  Unless you get one of us to do it!

02/06/2014 at 16:48

A picture would help. Is there a reason why the garden is not level? If there is a natural slope what is that like and would leveling affect any boundaries?

03/06/2014 at 10:47

Ree, two questions, 1) how much off level is it, 2) why not make use of the differing levels to make an interesting garden?

Do you really need a flat playing field or could you by dint of terracing make it feasible on several levels with sleepers. wooden edging. brick or flag edging or even a flat area, slight slope then flat area. The possibilities are endless and much more cost efficient than trying to level off the whole space what ever size it turns out to be, it would be a good idea to measure it and make a plan.

Methinks you need sit down and think about what you really want, it could turn into a series of garden rooms with differing interests in each on various levels. It will not be easy what ever you do it will not be cheap unless you have a big family of lusty labourers who work for biscuits and tea but it could be fun. At least get the size and difference in level of the garden.

Frank.

03/06/2014 at 22:38

One step at a time.

Some idea of the size of your garden.

If on the large size.  Is it a must that it has to be done in one go?

When you say,'levelling it'.  Is it on a slope?  If you intend to carry out the work yourself.  Either way.  It will be hard going.  However large the area.  I would suggest dividing it up into sections.  Be warned.  Each section once completed must marry upto the others.  Should you decide to call in the professionals.  Be warned.  Be careful.  Not all are as good as they say they are.  Don't make hasty decisions.  Check up on them.  If you can provide me with fuller details.  I will do my utmost to help you.  In the mean time.  All the best.

email image
7 messages