Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Lichen branches.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has access to small sticks with lots of white lichen on, like the ones in the picture below?

If so would they be willing to post some to me? I'd of course pay for all postage image

Thanks,

Justin

• Yes for vivariums. I need all I can get image

If you message me I can send address details. Thank you!
  • I do keep some geckos, but these will be for my Phasmids image

• There must be woodland near you with lichen covered twigs? It is a sign on clean healthy air.

• Lots of lichen but not these types, sadly.
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Just googled Phasmids so I don't appear thickimage  I will be home in a couple of days and take photos of the stuff we have on an old crabapple to see if it would be suitable.

• I do keep some geckos, but these will be for my Phasmids image

• Thanks Lesley!

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Sorry Justin - I just rememberedimage  I've been home a few days and looked at the tree.  It's really on it's last legs and the only lichen that seems similar to yours is on thicker branches.  I will attach a photo and see what you think.  Would it be possible to pull the lichen off and post 'damp'.  Let me know.

• No problem, that looks perfect! How thick are the branches?

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Sorry, Justin, I didnt look anymore as I thought you were now sorted out with someone else. There is a thinner bit near here I will pop up and get it.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.