3 messages
17/06/2014 at 19:20

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/49701.jpg?width=405&height=350&mode=max

Hi all  I have the whole tree covered with theses wicked looking spots has anyone any idea what to do for the tree please as we have several more not infected as yet, thank you

17/06/2014 at 21:20

Hi Alan, looks like a fungal spot problem, probably caused by wet weather.  Try giving it a spray with Westland Plant Rescue Fungus Control every couple of weeks and remove any fallen leaves (and perhaps the worst affected ones, too.)  Magnolias prefer slightly acid soil, so an ericaceous feed might help a bit, too.  Older trees would probably not be too bothered by it, but as it looks like a young one, it might need a bit of help if, as you say, the whole tree is affected.

18/06/2014 at 08:59

Right Bob,thats fine, i dont mind these things as long as i can do something to help them , i,ll get some Westlands, perhaps a spray on the other young ones as a precaution would be good. and who knows i might get a better camera with my phone update, many thanks for your help Bob ava gooden Alan4711

email image
3 messages