Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

March in your Garden

How are things growing in your garden in the month of March,  what tips and hints can you pass on to others.

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

First things first, I have to go out and airate the lawn and order a new lawnmower (since my shed was broken into on new years and my old mower got stolen). 

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Morning

Well things are always slower here than some places but shoots , buds, leaves all appearing . been re doing a bed and swapping dormant plants around , creating spaces but part of the fun.
    Dave , thought you were have the bike version mower imageimage
  • discodavediscodave Posts: 510

lol, no bunny, that was just a joke

;)
  • BadKittyBadKitty Posts: 1
    Hi, just weeds at the moment. Have inherited a very derelict garden front and back. Tidied it up a bit last year but have lots of tired shrubs to take out and rosa rugosas that have sprung up all over. Ouch! Have been ordering lots of seeds. Will be interesting to see how many of them survive the slug invasion this year.
    You will get there bad_kitty , bit at a time image
  • chicachica Posts: 252

at the moment its hellebors wild primroses,colembine and all the daffs but most of all its the creeping buttercup aaaaaag

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Just started on my veg beds. all are raised - one I have put manure in and loosened the soil, one I have compressed ready for the brassicas

When tea finished am going to start putting rose fertiliser and manur round them.