05/05/2012 at 09:23

Morning all! We had a lovely night last night, thanks for your good wishes. Did get a few strawbs and raspberries on a pavlova - just makes me keener for the home grown ones!

Huge big yellow thing in the sky here today!!!!!

05/05/2012 at 09:26
gardeningfantic wrote (see)

can anyone here tell me how i can keep track of threads i have posted on.. i cant find way to do it.

Ensure the little box on the left opposite the "Submit Reply" button is ticked. You'll then get lots (and lots) of update emails.

05/05/2012 at 09:44

Figrat that is some difference -do you still happen to have the sheets?

Gardeningfanatic-if you go to your profile page threads you have contributed to appear there -but not for long

05/05/2012 at 09:54
Excitable Boy wrote (see)

can anyone here tell me how i can keep track of threads i have posted on.. i cant find way to do it.

Ensure the little box on the left opposite the "Submit Reply" button is ticked. You'll then get lots (and lots) of update emails.

ok..many thanks for that... how do i order it so the last post comes up first instead of having to keep going through the pages to get to it.

05/05/2012 at 09:56
Excitable Boy wrote (see)

ok..many thanks for that... how do i order it so the last post comes up first instead of having to keep going through the pages to get to it.

At the top of each page is "view first unread post" message -click on that.

05/05/2012 at 09:57

It is still grey here and has a really damp feel, nothing is going to want to be planted out in these conditions.

figrat what a transformation.

05/05/2012 at 10:00

Morning all,just getting ready for allotment on this fine sunny day.Local council are hosting a workshop on how to make the perfect compost, should be interesting after all the recent discussions on the B+Q , Wickes produce

05/05/2012 at 10:01

thanks to you all.. i have it set in my settings now to have last post come up first.. many thanks..now just got try and figure how to load up my pics to me gallery to put one on other thread.

05/05/2012 at 10:05

A lot of questions are answered here

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/help/

05/05/2012 at 10:06

Edentoy, the best compost I made was the year I got hold of some fresh horse manure can you ask about rats?

05/05/2012 at 10:07

thank you.. still cant find out how to upload to the gallery to get my pics on here. will keep looking.. thanks for all  your help.

05/05/2012 at 10:25

Nothing to do with gardening-something for Daily Mail readers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

05/05/2012 at 10:40

Geoff be careful you are being monitored They may not let you back in.

It has been so wet here, I am wondering whether to do my Chelsea chop early?

05/05/2012 at 10:51

I love your before and after photo's Figrat!  It's always great to look back and see what you have accomplished.

I can never bring myself to do a Chelsea chop. 

05/05/2012 at 10:52
kate1123 wrote (see)

Geoff be careful you are being monitored They may not let you back in.

It has been so wet here, I am wondering whether to do my Chelsea chop early?

Which players are you going to chop?

05/05/2012 at 10:54

05/05/2012 at 10:58

KG I only chop my sedums and then I can make new plants

John Terry

05/05/2012 at 11:25

I have just been outside again-that wind has got a real chill to it at 8C-apparently it was warmer at Christmas-just thought I'd share.

05/05/2012 at 11:40

I shall put my thermals on before I go out.

05/05/2012 at 13:43

Just got back from the garden centre. I really really wanted to buy Heuchera Marmalade and Euphorbia Silver Swan but they were £8 each, so I've opted for three decent sized Buxus sempervirens for £10 and a Stachys byzantina.

The Box will get potted on and pampered into topiary over the next three years, the latter will get propagated like mad for a big spread in the full sun border next year. I had a Stachys once before which ended up as slug dinner and there was me thinking that slugs didn't eat silver foliage, so I'm well prepared this time round.

Slightly depressed about the lack of sun and the lack of sun forcast to come, but I still enjoy the growing season whatever the weather.