Start a new thread
sotongeoff

Pam

Jo is still here-but she has not been around for a week or so-probably has a lot of domestic stuff to deal with.

kate1123

@pottiepam, it is more like a military operation than a holiday. I fear that only Geoff will be getting sunshine.

sotongeoff

Suntan lotion will be applied

Advertisement

Pottie Pam

Geoff once told me that mice taste like chicken so I wouldn't be tempted to try slugs either.

Where is Cody spending his hols, Geoff?

My son is flying to China from Heathrow on Friday so you might see him there. It's a prize he won through his work. He has to face on operation on his thyroid when he comes back so has spoilt it a bit for him .

sotongeoff

Cody is if to the kennels on Thursday

We are going from Gatwick-what sort of work gives hols in China as prizes?-do they have any vacancies?

kate1123

Raining now, but quite warm, I have not completed my list of tasks

I would like to win a holiday too, we need more details?

Berghill

This is our garden as it was at the beginning of this month.

Used to entitle these postings on the olld Beeb site as

An Invitation to View. So

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/Owdboggy/May%20Garden%202012/

Berghill

Anyone put a name to this newly hatched butterfly?

kate1123

Berghill great photos, glad I had tea and biscuits

You have sunshine?

Are your Geums flowering or is that something else?

I liked the Antirrhinum pulverentulum, does it always flower this early?

Koalagirl

Inka - When I saw your slug photo I thought it was a banana for a minute.  What an aptly named and horrible thing!!

Geoff - I always used to feel guilty about leaving various of our dogs at kennels before the holidays.  No sofa's to lie on for a few days!  Toby always used to return to the kennels who originally rescued him.  He remembered them and it was like a home from home.

I am still in Dubai at present.  I missed a connecting flight so have to spend a day at the airport.

sotongeoff

For those living to the east of me-the sun is out-it will be with you soon.

kate1123

KG you really confused me there as I had you in Sydney, whose fault ?

No sign of sun here

Koalagirl

I am trying to be in Melbourne.  I believe that I must have nodded off when they called my flight so entirely my fault!!!

Advertisement

Koalagirl

Not too bad because I am spending the day in the business lounge.  Just a bit boring.  It has crossed my mind to wonder how long I could live in the business lounge before they noticed I had not flown anywhere?

kate1123

KG - sorry I knew it was Melbourne, freudian slip, are the airlines being helpful?

Koalagirl

I am booked onto the next flight (tomorrow morning) and have been trying out all the facilities so have had a shower, lunch, numerous cups of tea and am now on the internet.

sotongeoff

KG-You missed a flight!!-have you not watched the trillion airline programmes-whats the weather like?

Have you seen a sheik?

Koalagirl

I don't watch airline programmes.  Do they tell you how to avoid falling asleep at crucial times?  Weather outside is much as you would expect in a desert

More sheiks than you could sheik a stick at