London (change)
Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
161 to 180 of 949 messages
03/05/2012 at 20:05

I am very happy for you-I trust you didn't drop the ice cream?

03/05/2012 at 20:09

I am waiting for half time.

03/05/2012 at 20:11

It says it's only on BBC2 Scotland so how do I see it?

03/05/2012 at 20:16

If you don't have a sky dish-chanel 990- then it will be on-player for 7 days after broadcast.

03/05/2012 at 20:18

I'm Sky-less so iPlayer it will be

03/05/2012 at 20:19

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h8t6d/Beechgrove_Garden_2012_Episode_6/

they do a lot of comparison trials, compost etc. They are in scotland which is a bit odd for us southern softies but still a very good compliment to GW.

03/05/2012 at 20:24

Ice cream on sale here-cash only

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/usherette.jpg

03/05/2012 at 20:26

Nice skirt Geoff.

03/05/2012 at 20:28

The ball gown is at the cleaners.

03/05/2012 at 20:33

Hammers have scored again, soon be time for a pie and a pint.

03/05/2012 at 20:46

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/a-pint-a-pie-and-poetry_s.jpg

there you go.

03/05/2012 at 21:41

Ice cream, a pie and a pint, was yummy

04/05/2012 at 00:08

Hi everyone, just joined the site this evening. Have been reading all the comments/ threads and  you all sound so friendly and helpful   . Im not at all an expert at gardening, just enjoy it when I manage to get out there. We moved to our small cottage just over 2years ago and are lucky enough to have 3 gardens  (our main reason for moving). Most of the back garden was established when we got here apart from an area right at the bottom which we have fenced off and I am currently clearing  in the hope of keeping chickens. We have built an extension to the front of the cottage, completed externally but lots to do inside yet and with months of storing building materials the garden has been in a mess so we are currently building low stone walls, creating beds etc. Not a very big front garden and we have managed to salvage some shrubs so its not completely desolate. We also have a 3rd area which is the other side of our neighbours garden! I know its sounds a bit daft but think it goes back years when people sold off areas of land when they were in need of money or unable to upkeep it (the cottage was built around 1896). This garden is where we have loads to do! we have dug just a couple of beds which we used last year for spuds, beans, onions etc and the rest has just been a case of mowing the weeds lol! Its all a bit of a mess. This year we are hoping to develop it a bit more, depending on time, weather and money! Ive done a rough design of what Id like, very amateurish im sure but I have to start somewhere I guess. Because we went on hols early April, Im very behind with my seed sowing and the current weather isnt helping either but hooray my beetroot seedlings are appearing so all may not be lost. Hope I havent bored you with such a long intro but Im hoping I will be able to call on you and pick your brains  on a regular basis. Can I ask where you are all from? Im in South Glos. Hope to catch up with you all soon x

04/05/2012 at 01:46

Welcome, Woo2, good to meet you. I am on the west coast of Canada, on a small island with a rural setting, and perhaps the slug capital of the universe! My property is just an acre, but I am beside a 1000 acre wild park, and have a view of the ocean. My property is steeply sloped, with little soil-sandy and gravelly, and limited water-it is all collected from the roof. My gardening is mostly in terraces and containers, lots of deck space. I am lucky to have a studio/greenhouse which is quite large, that I can heat if I can afford to!

Your garden sounds interesting--dont forget to take some "before" photos so you can appreciate the difference in a few years time. It makes for a good visual reference as well.Love to see some photos!

04/05/2012 at 09:28

Nice to meet you, Woo2.

I have a 100ft garden in Kent that I started from scratch 17yrs ago but only recently managed to reach the bottom with landscaping, so my garden is a mix of very mature top and very new bottom. I buy plants whenever have spare cash and although I have read all the books and do plenty of research, I'm still learning. This forum is great for that, and so is GW on the Beeb.  

Your garden sounds really interesting, would love to see it and would never get bored of discussing it

04/05/2012 at 09:58

Good morning all, welcome Woo, I am on the border of Herts and London but I used to work in South Gloucs, lovely part of the country.

It is still grey and damp here

Here is my before picture

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/7319.jpg?width=344&height=350&mode=max

04/05/2012 at 10:02

And it is a hello from me to Woo2-I am in Southampton

Same here on the weather front.

04/05/2012 at 10:08

Hello Woo2 - I am in Surrey.

I am looking forward to seeing your garden

Kate - I am looking forward to your 'after'

I am going in the garden now - surprise,surprise - it isn't raining - yet!

I am going to make up some more tubs and baskets

Pam x

04/05/2012 at 10:20
Hi Woo2, I've got a 90' walled garden in Devon on the southern edged of Dartmoor. The garden is on lots of different levels as there used to be 5 1up-1down stone built cottages in here, which were demolished in the late 1940s. I've been in this house for about 16 years, though rented it out for a few of them when I went travelling. Over the last couple of years I've become much more interested in growing veg and less interested in ornamentals. I've got a lot of climbing roses and honeysuckles as well as retaining the ornamentals that I love in the Borders. That's one thing I love about gardening, it's always changing! Mine is anyway...
04/05/2012 at 11:03

Your garden sounds lovely figrat  Barry always says that if we won the lottery he would love a walled garden - like the one featured on the programme The Victorian Kitchen Garden

Humph!!! I was just getting stuck in to some planting and guess what - it's flippin' raining

161 to 180 of 949 messages