Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

May In Your Garden

After yesterday's fine day it is a wet morning in Southampton -but not cold-not going out .image

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

April showers bring May flowers, all I got was thunder and lightning. Such a contrast from yesterday.

• YviehYvieh Posts: 85

Morning Everyone,

A night of really heavy rain and more ditches flooding.  Very dark, grey and rainy here all monring so far. It's supposed to brighten up later, apparently. 

Yvie

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Flood warnings in East Dorset again. Dogs have to paddle through puddles on the field where we walk.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

At least I didn't have to water in yesterday's plantings-on the downside my tarpaulin has not appeared today so can't complete the chicken pen project

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

This isn't good enough - don't they know your chickens are in danger of developing trench foot!

It was dispatched yesterday from Wales by first class post so there I was watching for Postman Pat-daren't go out in case it would not go in the letter box-and he walked straight past-nuffinkimage

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Wet chickens are very difficult to roast.

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    Lettuce, psb, kohlrabi, leeks all sunbathing. Cloches off dwarf french beans, for the first time since planting out. Washing on the line. Sowed carrots in guttering, magentaspreen in modules. Off to do forget-me-not cull.

A Rant

On the ITV news last night the lead story was all about floods and reporters standing in water-AGAIN!!

Just so they could drone about the irony of a hose-pipe ban in a flood area and how a wet April will not make up for 2 dry winters etc. etc.

I think by now we all know this stuff-image

End of rant-thankyou.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Poor Geoff and his chickens! Am crossing fingers for their comfort and safety asap.

Poured all night but bright and dare I say sunny today. Been digging over the Full Sun border this morning, its a quagmire and will need several digs to get all the raspberry roots out the ground, but keeps me out of troubleimage