Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Men's shed group

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/how-sheds-flower-beds-could-11267416 

I would like to share this story I read this morning. It sounds like a great project.

There are so many things out there aimed at ladies like "knit and natter" etc, it's nice to see something for the fellas (they welcome ladies too).

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

image my first ever attempt at a link and it doesn't work.

Can anyone clever help?

• http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/how-sheds-flower-beds-could-11267416

Lets see if that one works image

We have a men's shed group here, it seems to be doing well.

Thank you very much for the help CoveredInBees  image

I'm useless at computery stuff,  although I can do a photo on my own now without the help of my daughter. 

Show us your shed.....this is my rather untidy one. image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

hidavid   ditto mr j         mine  compaired to that mine is a tip  but I have some idea where things are  or in the area   keep up the good work

• B3B3 Posts: 27,476

What's a masculine term for Wendy house. Wallace house maybe

In London. Keen but lazy.

Thanks for the responses guys but did anyone actually read the story from the paper.

It was about a group set up to help combat isolation and loneliness by encouraging men to get together and work on building a outdoor space for the community.

Lots of the guys were at a loose end due to retirement or redundancy and were sharing their skills and enjoying the company of others.

Some had mental health issues, depression etc. Some lived in flats with no garden.

Lots of different problems all made a bit better by a few hours of building, gardening and chat.

I found it a refreshing news story amongst all the doom and gloom. image

• michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

hi all    I don't know if this  the right  place for this has anyone got solar power on there shed or g/house . I have a radio that I charge up and lasts for a few hours . what I want is to put 2 panels on shed roof and run the leads to a 12volt battery on trickle charge  so I can just go down next day and just plug in radio .any ideas  anybody or help      (    g/w    team if this is on wrong place sorry   Michael)