21 to 28 of 28 messages
19/04/2013 at 19:41

Have recently purchase three hardy fuchsias for £1 each. good sized plants with nice roots in three inch pots. They need a bit of hardening off but I think that they are rather better value than the tiny cuttings in one inch pots at 90pence each in the garden centres.

They main issue with supermarket plants is whether there is anyone at the store who knows how to look after them in less than ideal conditions.

19/04/2013 at 23:17

Just bought some astilbe plug plants 6 for 2 pound seemed reasonable

16/05/2013 at 20:17

They had RHS Perfect for Pollinators plants on offer yesterday evening - £1 instead of the usual £2 (which would still have seemed a bargain to me!).

Bought three good size verbena bonariensis to replace the ones the cat has destroyed!

07/06/2013 at 21:36
over the past 2 years I have bought various plants from morrisons costing about ??2.49 each. a laurel which is now nearly 3 feet tall. an escallonia which is now 4 feet.a philadelphus which this year has bushed out great. also have bought their tomato and petunia and fuschia plug plants this year and have not lost one. great value for money. our morrisons have a great selection up here in Scotland. no problems.
07/06/2013 at 22:21

I bought an Agastache 'Apricot Sprite' today. Good sized plant for £2.Did want 2 but they only had one left.

I have bought my clematis from them, magnolias for £6 each. I only buy what I want but find their selection good. I usually pot on the plants before planting out. Astilbes last year which are coming really strongly this year.

Not lost any

18/06/2013 at 15:49

I bought a few senetti plants at £2.50 each, in full flower, and they're still flowering now 

18/06/2013 at 22:34

i have bought lots of bedding plants from morrisons and they last for a long tiome and grow well

21/06/2013 at 15:31

I found/find Morrisons Plants a great buy, no problems at all. I got climbing roses for £2 each & also two trees in the sale £5 each, all doing great. Good value for money.

At least  they don't have any bugs on them or any surprises later on like, mould, root worms etc...

Molly.

email image
21 to 28 of 28 messages