Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Mr Monty Don at Ventnor Down to Earth Evening

Can i just add a few words here on how much i enjoyed Monty's talk on his garden and love of it.. it was a packed out show and it was awesome.. to hear him talk of his love and how his garden has grown from meadows/fields to what it is now.. the ups and downs. wonderful i was entralled all evening.. to see private parts of the garden that the show does not go in..

The questions and answers afterwards were wonderful. and the meet and greet also.. i got my book signed and was able to have a few words. thank u Monty for making me realise i am not mad to love my gardening  as i do.. it is my family who are mad not to love it also..

The only thing was NIgel was not there to all of ours dissapointment.. but wre told fame had gone to his head. adn he got more fan male than Monty did lol.. a wonderful evening to talk ... laughter enlightenment.. thank u Monty xxx

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, I'm sure many of us would have enjoyed it also. Thanks for sharing.

• gardeningfanticgardeningfantic Posts: 1,019

yr welcome hun .. it was great time.. i went on my own as mum couldnt come.. so was worried. but didnt have been.. once there chattin to all other gardening lovers. and sharing tips and info.. was wonderful..

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Jealous.com!!!!!  Bet it was a fab evening, I would love to meet Monty image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Sounds like a really enjoyable evening image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

It is always brilliant when we see someone who has inspired us.  Love Nigel but he doesn't say muchimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

He was squeaking his ball on Friday Lesley image

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Nigel seems be slowing down a bit now.image

• Is it okay if I'm not jealous?? image

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

So so jealous, I love Monty and would love to meet him,especially after reading about his depression, hearing him genuinely inspires and uplifts me when I' m feeling low, he seems like a very good person, and I do love Nigel too! I did see he's doing a talk on my birthday in october but it's in London and I think it'd be too much to ask parents to babysit..plus my hubby would disturb the talk with snoring, think it'd be his idea of hell! 

• Stick to plan a, rosemummy.......I'll move to Sheffield. image