London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
5 messages
17/02/2014 at 13:12

I know that we have had a thread for this before, but many of us have expressed dismay at the quality of many MPCs these days. I thought that it was worth mentioning that I bought some Levington Original yesterday and, that on opening it today, it appears to be good stuff. One drawback as you might imagine, £6 for 50 litres, but if appearances and feel are anything to go by, it might be worth it.

17/02/2014 at 13:19

I've frequently used Levington, and found that it's usually better than the other brands. 

17/02/2014 at 13:22

for seeds I buy seed compost as seeds must not have to many nutrients to start with as they will go gangly also the soil is sterilized but for multipurpose I don't bother and make my own which is cheaper if for some reason I need  a bag of multi I but a cheap grow bag which is just as good as many of the multi composts are peat and perlite and expensive.

17/02/2014 at 14:48

I'm using Levington M3 (pro) in 75L bags. (£7.50) Last years and this years new stock,both excellent. A pallet load delivered costs a bit less per bag.  Heavy bags to hump around though.

17/02/2014 at 15:27

Hmm maybe this is why my seedlings are gangly...mental note, must use the word gangly more.

email image
5 messages