Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

I know that we have had a thread for this before, but many of us have expressed dismay at the quality of many MPCs these days. I thought that it was worth mentioning that I bought some Levington Original yesterday and, that on opening it today, it appears to be good stuff. One drawback as you might imagine, £6 for 50 litres, but if appearances and feel are anything to go by, it might be worth it.

I've frequently used Levington, and found that it's usually better than the other brands. 

flowering rose

for seeds I buy seed compost as seeds must not have to many nutrients to start with as they will go gangly also the soil is sterilized but for multipurpose I don't bother and make my own which is cheaper if for some reason I need  a bag of multi I but a cheap grow bag which is just as good as many of the multi composts are peat and perlite and expensive.

I'm using Levington M3 (pro) in 75L bags. (£7.50) Last years and this years new stock,both excellent. A pallet load delivered costs a bit less per bag.  Heavy bags to hump around though.

Hmm maybe this is why my seedlings are gangly...mental note, must use the word gangly more.