London (change)
Today 10°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
04/03/2014 at 17:31

Clari, hugs,  sorry.

04/03/2014 at 21:35

Is there a song about being older and wiser, that would be most appropriate and something son #1 would do well to remember at the moment.....wine time 

04/03/2014 at 21:48

What about....Wake me up when its all over by Avicii.......

04/03/2014 at 21:57

Ha ha Lily, I like it 

05/03/2014 at 18:51

Tracey, 'Old rocking chair's got me, cane by my side...fetch me that Jimson weed or I'll tan your hide....' sung by Paul Robeson and others of that era, if you want a song about being older, (but not necessarily wiser.)

Personally, being frightfully ancient, I want to behave fairly badly in my old age, because I am wise enough to know that that is the best course of action

05/03/2014 at 18:54
Please DO NOT speak to my son artjak, LOL
05/03/2014 at 19:07

Oh, really; what is his name , his email address?

05/03/2014 at 22:32
Ha ha He's behaving tonight and even gave his moaning old mum a hug Actually, talking about my big boy, Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith always reminds me of him as it was out when he was born and although the words aren't meant to be for a baby they seemed so appropriate and still do for my special baby time
05/03/2014 at 23:22

Tracey, i'm sure all will be ok  

06/03/2014 at 08:06

Remembered this one last night.......Crazy...by Gnarls Barkley.

06/03/2014 at 08:16

Elvis was on the radio this morning, Welcome to My World.  I like that but my favourite is I Can't Help Falling in Love With You, my soppy OH used to sing it to me when we were 18 and had just started going out together 

I don't think anyone has mentioned Elvis yet.....how can we have missed the King???

06/03/2014 at 08:18

A majorly important record for me for years and years - The Byrds'  My Back Pages

("Ah but I was so much older then - I'm younger than that now")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUGzwUTN80

It's also the title I gave to one of the best paintings I ever made 

06/03/2014 at 08:20
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

Elvis was on the radio this morning, Welcome to My World.  I like that but my favourite is I Can't Help Falling in Love With You, my soppy OH used to sing it to me when we were 18 and had just started going out together 

I don't think anyone has mentioned Elvis yet.....how can we have missed the King???

Elvis is in the garden!!!  

We have this - https://www.palmcentre.co.uk/.Dryopteris-affinis-Cristata-The-King-_DTK.htm under one of the ash trees - he is referred to as Elvis 

06/03/2014 at 08:22

Love that song Tracey,  (can't help falling in love)   think I mentioned Elvis earlier but not a particular song.....unless I just said it in my head  lol............does that make me crazy???.......

Also...Always on my mind and  Suspious minds .... love them

06/03/2014 at 08:30

Beautiful song Dove, I've never heard it before and I didn't know you were an artist, such an amazing talent to have  Love the palm.

You probably did Lily but I forgot and did we establish a while ago that we are all a bit crazy but it's 'normal' 

KEF
06/03/2014 at 09:27

Sorrow by Bowie. Nothing wrong, just got to go to SM.

Love the fern Dove.

Artjak, I shall wear purple.

06/03/2014 at 09:59

I am very boring, I just wander round with Radio 4 on a portable radio and I have a permanent radio tuned to the same in the GH. I love to have Gardeners' Question Time on when I am working up there but often am so distracted I forget what they've said so listen again on Sunday afternoon!

06/03/2014 at 13:24

KEF I love that poem; do you know who wrote it?

06/03/2014 at 13:27

Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple. 

Jenny Joseph  

My delightfully batty Aunty B has modelled herself on this poem - I model myself on Aunty B 

06/03/2014 at 13:53

Fab poem Dove, I've never seen that before but I am going to aspire to be that lady wearing purple (with the exception of the last 2 lines of the first verse, I could never do that!) and as the last verse says I may start to wear purple now.  I am also going to send it to my best friend who had a lovely purple dress on last Saturday night when we went out

Actually I've just re-read it and I do go out in the rain with my slippers on now...there is no hope for me!!!