London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 16°C
17/04/2014 at 10:29

Rosemummy, I grew up with the songs and films of Bing Crosby and yes there is a Bing White Christmas in my collection which includes the old style Albums Tapes Discs and I-phones on this laptop.

We had the Bing copyists back then as there are many Elvis copyist which I hate, if I did want an Elvis (very doubtful) I would play Elvis.

At the moment the lilting melody of Vienna woods and as I write I dance as Joan and I did in Vienna, all a memory now as is the dancing, it is in my head.

Frank.

19/04/2014 at 10:13

Today the music of choice is Vilja, the witch of the woods as the Conservatory gets a good clean for new furniture on Monday. It is the full length of the bungalow South and West facing and at the moment lovely and warm in there although it is clouding over a bit.

My Daughter is having the time of her life ordering us all about and spending my money, "oh well" I suppose that is why we have them.

Frank.

20/04/2014 at 11:17

As it's Easter Sunday......I am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses  Eldest son has just put it on as a 'must play'!!!

Apologies to all those who don't have quite the same taste 

20/04/2014 at 12:48

OL., you should be really proud, your son has great taste.

We were coming home very late last night from my sisters and were playing Marvin Gayes greatest hits. What a voice.

20/04/2014 at 12:54

I agree Punk, I can't think where he got it from   

I was listening to Marvin Gaye the other day but on a compilation album my boys bought for Mother's Day a few years ago of Motown music 

20/04/2014 at 14:43

How boring if we were all the same, they would only need one and clone it.

At this very moment after a good lunch I am relaxed with the Mozart Piano Concerto number 25 in C Major played by Martha Argarich.

The sun is shining but a cold Northerly drove me in from my sunny spot in the garden so music it is, "oh" and watching the Grand Prix with the sound off.

Frank.

20/04/2014 at 16:54

I actually like Mozart too Frank, I quite often play Classic FM when I am driving a lot to keep me calm 

Do you need the sound off on GP now, aren't the cars too quiet anyway? 

20/04/2014 at 17:03

Orchid Lady, it is not the sound of the cars it is the commentators talking a load of rubbish. The sound of wonderful pianists playing Mozart is much more to my liking.

Frank.

20/04/2014 at 17:06

We've got touring cars on.....I'm tolerating it because I have 2 GW episodes to catch up on later 

21/04/2014 at 14:12

The music today was Country and Western, the mob landed, stripped out the Conservatory cleaned it top to bottom and installed the new stuff.

My SIL discovered my stack of old LP's with the original artists and the record player, they were dancing round and singing as they mopped and washed, mad lot no idea where they get it?

Now I have a pile of old stuff and packaging awaiting the collectors and a bright new place to spend my summer, sunny warm comfortable and I can get some plants back in.

Frank.

21/04/2014 at 16:07

Ooh, now I do like c&w, cant beat a bit of Dolly or Johny Cash  Saw Lady Antebellum last year and Kasey Musgrave was supporting, both acts were brilliant.  I think I may be very much in the minority though 

21/04/2014 at 17:41

Yay! .....Dolly and Kenny Rogers, 'Islands in the stream' ....bootiful!

21/04/2014 at 17:44

Errr, I hate to tell you David but that was Dolly and Kenny Rogers  Agree though, it's a brilliant song.

I'm just listening to the top 100 80's countdown on Absolute 80s 

21/04/2014 at 18:04
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Errr, I hate to tell you David but that was Dolly and Kenny Rogers  Agree though, it's a brilliant song.

I'm just listening to the top 100 80's countdown on Absolute 80s 

Yes, spotted my faux pas just in time to edit it, Tracey.

21/04/2014 at 18:09

Just listening to 'baby can I hold you' - another 'Tracey', Tracy Chapman wivout an 'e'.

21/04/2014 at 18:10

Ha ha  Easy mistake to make, although Kenny is still with us (for now) and Johny isn't 

Number 1 of the 80s as voted for by the listeners was Living on a Prayer, I love Bon Jovi and love that song, but best song of the 80s, really?? 

21/04/2014 at 20:52

Finally got in from the garden and endless potting up for flooded gardens and am listening to Tom Waits; Beautiful Maladies; just wonderful

21/04/2014 at 21:22

David, I absolutely love Tracy Chapman, even if my youngest son does think she sounds like a man he still likes her too!!  My favourite (I think) is Behind The Wall, quite a sad sing and her voice us just beautiful 

Not heard of that Tom Waites song Artjak, will have to google, I think the only song of his I know is Missing You.

21/04/2014 at 21:34

stone roses  . heaton pk madchester

21/04/2014 at 21:42

When?? My eldest asked me the other day if he could go and see them but didn't say when they were on and nothing on Ticketmaster??