London (change)
Today 9°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
27/04/2014 at 10:24

I have a Lana Del Ray album, amazing voice 

27/04/2014 at 11:08

Listening to Aerosmith - 'I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing' at the mo.

27/04/2014 at 18:13

David I,m impressed! Love them,have seen them far too many times to be sensible!

27/04/2014 at 18:33

Band most seen by me, The Clash, 7 times. Yes really, dont know if that is sad or just love.

28/04/2014 at 11:08

Whitby Houston - 'Where do broken hearts go?'

What?

28/04/2014 at 12:09

LOL David, did you do that on purpose 

Well I've got a £25 iTunes voucher for my birthday.........decisions decisions 

28/04/2014 at 12:20

Orchid Lady wrote (see)

LOL David, did you do that on purpose 

Well I've got a £25 iTunes voucher for my birthday.........decisions decisions 

...yer never quite sure with me!  

Happy un-birthday.

28/04/2014 at 12:23

Why un-birthday, you've lost me there (not hard to do really!!)

Have you seen the thread with the Daily Snail article on?  What do you think of planting banana skin with my sweet pea seedlings ????

Off to download Sophie Ellis-Bexter album 

28/04/2014 at 17:21
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Have you seen the thread with the Daily Snail article on?  What do you think of planting banana skin with my sweet pea seedlings ????

Nope!

28/04/2014 at 19:06

Today was Tango day, work done sitting drinking tea in the conservatory Daughter looking among, my selection of LP's found a Tango record. Blue Tango, jealousy, La Paloma and more, Granddaughter four showed us how it should be done. Nearly an hour of fun and laughter, now that is what music means to me.

Frank.

13/05/2014 at 19:04

Work tomorrow for me....groan.

Just heard Shania Twain.....That don't impress me much.....lol 

13/05/2014 at 19:51

Just went back into kitchen to hear my 1 of my 2 fave songs ever 'touch too much' acdc, how I danced! Much to little ones amusement!

13/05/2014 at 20:57

I played Song Sung Blue (Neil Diamond) in the kitchen very loud earlier.....after all I know the neighbours like Neil Diamond now don't I 

13/05/2014 at 21:07

Childish schoolgirl snigger OL 

13/05/2014 at 21:11

Oh yes....childish schoolgirl singing too Lily and the odd comment of 'at least we know everyone likes Neil Diamond' - I had my naughty head on!!!  

14/05/2014 at 08:14

all my neighbours were out, unsure they all like acdc!

14/05/2014 at 08:55

I think you missed my posts on the Forkers thread a week or so ago Louise, my neighbours woke me up at 3am playing Neil Diamond FULL BLAST! I am a huge ND. Fan but was far less than amused 

14/05/2014 at 09:04

ah! sorry yes i missed that,in a few weeks they do 'music in the gardens' in botanical gardens which is just across road from us, that goes on til 11pm and we hear every word of every terrible band, i suppiose we hear it free... now if only tom petty would come!

14/05/2014 at 09:15

I don't mind music until 11 ish, we have been known to have a sing along to the likes of Barry Manilow after a few glasses of the old grape juice with friends......just not at 3am LOL!

14/05/2014 at 09:44

What memories have been brought back to me reading through this thread.  Songs and artists I'd forgotten.  Only time I've played music in the garden was when I first dug the whole thing up with the spade my only gardening tool at the time.  A nightmare of 4 days but with headphones on needed inspirational get up and get going stuff.  For ironing as well I always start with Murray Head's 'Say It Aint So Joe' and from influence of son and gift from him Nirvana Unplugged fuels determination. We are mad on music in our house with a wide range of stuff but I'm mellowing into memories of yore more often these days.  Love Mozart, Andrea Bocelli, have a few Lanza (from watching films when young).  Surprising favourite song when cooking comes from the film 'Country Strong' with Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw singing 'Me And Tennessee'.  Soft spot for Tom Waits, early Springsteen, Otis, Neil and Joni, Richard Thompson (we love guitar), Eva Cassidy for quiet times, mad about the old musicals - favourite Doris Day singing 'Love Me or Leave Me' from film of same name and loved Reese Witherspoon and Joaquim Phoenix's version of 'Jackson' from the film 'Walk The Line'.  Odd ones I listen to 'Hymn to Red October' from said film.  And someone mentioned the brilliant Callas 'La Mamma Morta' from Philadelphia.  Also for a laugh ironing love Ewan McGregor singing 'Your Song' from Moulin Rouge.  We have a lot of du Pre.  Liverpool fans singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' always brings a tear to my eye.  Paulo Nutini's 'Alloway Grove' is a favourite and I fell for the Only Boys Aloud Christmas album - Paradise and Don't Stop Believin get the dishes washed faster!  Could go on all day on music.  Lovely to read this thread. The Clash oh yeah.  Better stop - could go on all day.