Start a new thread

541 to 560 of 1,247 replies

star gaze lily

Rosemummy

OL,  thought of one for tomorrow.........good  'ole Dolly.............working 9 till 5.........ain't no way to make a living...........its all taking and no giving....

Orchid Lady

Rosemummy, that is my all time favourite cheesy soft rock song of all time, love it 

Lily.......go Dolly, what a star and she couldn't be more right......with you all the way xx

Orchid Lady

We usually listen to radio 2 and this morning John Bishop is on, absolutely hilarious without even trying.....I think I'll struggle to move away from the kitchen table and my coffee because I want to listen to him 

star gaze lily

Love John Bishop, missed it, didn't have radio on 

Orchid Lady

He's on for the next 5 weeks Lily, or maybe 4 now 

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Thanks OL, will try to remember! What time did it start? 

Orchid Lady

10 I think, instead of Graham Norton 

star gaze lily

OL.........CELEBRATE.............good times...........come on.......

Yviestevie

Just found this  thread havent had chance to read all the replies because its so long but I thought I'd let you know what I listen to. It really does vary from day to day.  It could be the teenager at the end of my garden practicing his drums or his sister singing along with a hairbrush to anything by Jessie J or maybe there dad who has an obsession with a power washer.  Then of course it could be the neighbour on my left who seems to be going through a fairly depressing stage in his life who listens to repetetive blues music that seems to be about wives leaving husbands and dogs dying.  On very hot days it will be whatever is on the TV of my neighbours on my right hand side.  Hes a bit deaf and always has the window open and then it could be my husband practicing his electric guitar which will normally be a tune requested by one of his pupils (he teaches guitar).  On a good day it will be hubby quietly stumming a little Eva Cassidy and on a really good day everyone will be out and it will be the birds, the bees and relative silence.

Aw David, used to love that song! Remember singing it with all of my cousins when we ALL (12 KIDS) went on holiday, thank you David

I dont usually listen to music in the garden, but always did at my allotments, usually the radio-general pop, am partial to something a bit folky
I know, but id totally forgotten until i clicked and the memories hit me

LOL... Yevie.

I like listening to the sounds of mother nature but frequently listen to one neighbour repeatedly telling off her son, the fence is just slightly to high to see what he's doing that is naughty. He's ever such a nice polite little boy too, I always get a thank you when his ball is returned and he had to wait two weeks whilst I was on my jollies. He always says hello and remembers my name, I can't forget his, it's repeated on a daily basis

Couldn't for the life of me tell you his sisters name who seems to do no wrong but repeatedly gets him into trouble, bless his little cotton socks. 

Each Sunday I have to listen to the other neighbour playing gramaphone music 3pm to 5pm...creature of habit...why he can't close his door I'll never know, quite liked it at first but after all these years I must have listened to his entire collection several times over.

Orchid Lady

Haven't got time to read all the latest posts (and haven't git my glasses on!) but thank you Lily 

Advertisement

O.l didn't realise carpets was this weekend, have a fab time. New tom petty album came yesterday had it on in the background whenever in kitchen , love it (of course! )