London (change)
Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 11°C
61 to 80 of 1,178 messages
24/02/2014 at 15:18

Not odd at all Claire, each to their own and I don't always have music on, it just depends how peaceful it is around generally  Not a big Bowie fan though, sorry....that probably makes me odd!! 

24/02/2014 at 15:20

Yes Claire  - you're officially odd....

I'm kidding of course - I can understand that in a weird sort of way! 

One of my biggest regrets is not going to see Bowie when I had the chance of a ticket a friend had spare, 40 odd years ago when he was on the cusp of mega stardom.

24/02/2014 at 15:43

Just thought another of my favs-- Mike & the mechanics--In the living years, --- looking back over my shoulder, love those two

24/02/2014 at 17:01

Oooh, Love this thread, thankyou for starting it and mentioning it on the Forkers thread.

Music where would we be without it. I am a complete philistine, I tend to listen in the car and in my summerhouse, so I can screech along and do my air guitar solos without anyone seeing.

As you will guess I am a great punk fan, saw the Clash 8 times. Today I was playing Bowies Aladdin Sane in the car. Also a bit of an Indie fan. Foals and the National are current faves.

24/02/2014 at 17:12

Thank you Punk and welcome to the thread 

So you're a punk fan PD, I never realised   I like a bit of The Clash and love Town Called Malice but that's the Jam......are they classed as punk?

24/02/2014 at 17:20

Tracey, probably not, but definetely classed as good.

Anyone else remember Graham Parker and the Rumour, another of my all time favourites.

24/02/2014 at 17:28

Sorry can't help you on that one Punk....maybe before my time (I'm only 27!) or out of my league 

24/02/2014 at 17:41

I used to listen to an entire Opera when I was sitting on the tractor cutting the grass. I't the only time I get the chance to listen to one in its entirety in one " sitting "

24/02/2014 at 17:57

Janis Joplin anyone?, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations...all good for dancing to.

24/02/2014 at 17:57

I remember them pd. Not a fan but I think my ex husband quite  liked them. He was keen on punk too although I wasn't but we had lots of common ground in music  -Neil Young, Tom Petty, Queen etc. I like some songs - Should I stay or should I go? is a great song.

Weren't the seventies a strange decade? Singer songwriters and glam rock at the beginning and punk at the end - with disco sandwiched in between - heaven help us! ...

I love that picture I have in my head now Hostafan  Do you sing the arias? 

24/02/2014 at 18:03

Fg., love Neil Young, After the Goldrush a classic. Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Also do you know the unplugged version of The Needle and the Damage Done. 

24/02/2014 at 18:06

Ooh you've all lost me now LOL 

24/02/2014 at 18:07

Fairygirl. Over the noise of the engine, mercifully nobody can hear me. lol

24/02/2014 at 18:10

Classic songs pdoc. My sis used to play Needle when she was a student! Southern Man and Birds also big faves for me .  After the Goldrush is my favourite Neil Young album. Saw him many years ago in Glasgow and he was brilliant. He's not really appreciated enough here. Watched a great concert recently on tv from about 8/9 years ago. It's a wonder he's survived this long! Joni's 'Circle Game' is about him.

24/02/2014 at 18:16

Hostafan 

Tracey - Neil Young is one of the greats. Did all the bad stuff and survived thankfully - just like James Taylor. Needle and the Damage Done is about addiction. Great writer, does his own thing and a big influence on many of today's s.songwriters. 

24/02/2014 at 18:26

Dire striats--- Romeo& Juliet,  or Brothers in arms, Money for nothing.-- Kenny Rogers--Lady. Neil Young-Harvest.

Temptations, Smokey Robinson............

Quite like--One Republic--Counting Stars.

KEF
24/02/2014 at 20:19

Nazareth "Broken down Angel" saw them live only a few years ago Dan still vocalist but son on lead guitar.

Thin Lizzy "Emerald"

Meatloaf " Two out of three aint bad"

Queen

Free / Bad company.

Rod, most things. 

Barbra Striesand  

Anything by Andrea Bocelli so lovely I want to

Alfie Boe, when he wears jeans, a leather belt and "rocks" 

The list is endless. Best to iron to is Dr. Hook love songs.

24/02/2014 at 20:30

Fairy just reminded me of this one----I will survive. Yes Kef loads of Rod Stewart and of course Elvis , Thin Lizzy...Whisky in the jar.....oh loads and loads I cant think of at the mo 

24/02/2014 at 20:38

You can go your own way 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38240.jpeg?width=133&height=200&mode=max

24/02/2014 at 20:39

Oh wow, so many good tunes!

Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

My 2 current favourite albums are James Blunt's latest (Satellites I think) and a lady called Emma Stevens who is a new artist from London and very good, I think possibly unsigned but she has released her first album called Dreaming Trees, she is brilliant.

Thanks for the compliment GJ, I thought it would just be a bit of fun and is still garden related  What dogs do you have?

I have a wee rescue, a little jackie x dachshund, we think. I groom dogs, and was asked to find him a home. Ihad lost my old border collie and wasn't ready for another, and never much fancied 'a rat on a lead', that would prob be yappy. He stayed! Could have re-homed him 50 times over, though!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/p118x118/970704_596866560338574_1612137232_n.jpg

chicky wrote (see)
Closet One D fan here .... Off to wembley in June - littlest chicklet needs accompanying ..... What can i do ???

Oh, Chicky you poor love. What with that and the seedaholicalism, you're really having it bad, aren't you? You have my sympathy

star gaze lily wrote (see)

Love Tango in the night album, especially -- Everywhere and Little Lies. Simply Red --Stars, Ronan Keating- When you say nothing at all. Any Michael Jackson. Love Bridge over troubled water . Thats Amoure - Dean Martin. Toploader- Dancing in the moonlight. Bruno Marrs -When I was your man.

Must dash now, but theres loads going round in my head

Dare I admit to Michael Bolton 

Lily, I was loving your choices up to that point

Just thinking of my unadmittable bands.

The Bee Gees,  don't tell, please!

61 to 80 of 1,178 messages