London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 15°C
61 to 80 of 549 messages
24/02/2014 at 15:04

I always listen to radio 4 on a very old radio that I drag around the garden with me I don't listen to music on the garden, somehow it doesn't seem right!! does that make me odd?!!

if I did have to listen to anybody it would have to be bowie tho

24/02/2014 at 15:18

Not odd at all Claire, each to their own and I don't always have music on, it just depends how peaceful it is around generally  Not a big Bowie fan though, sorry....that probably makes me odd!! 

24/02/2014 at 15:20

Yes Claire  - you're officially odd....

I'm kidding of course - I can understand that in a weird sort of way! 

One of my biggest regrets is not going to see Bowie when I had the chance of a ticket a friend had spare, 40 odd years ago when he was on the cusp of mega stardom.

24/02/2014 at 15:43

Just thought another of my favs-- Mike & the mechanics--In the living years, --- looking back over my shoulder, love those two

24/02/2014 at 17:01

Oooh, Love this thread, thankyou for starting it and mentioning it on the Forkers thread.

Music where would we be without it. I am a complete philistine, I tend to listen in the car and in my summerhouse, so I can screech along and do my air guitar solos without anyone seeing.

As you will guess I am a great punk fan, saw the Clash 8 times. Today I was playing Bowies Aladdin Sane in the car. Also a bit of an Indie fan. Foals and the National are current faves.

24/02/2014 at 17:12

Thank you Punk and welcome to the thread 

So you're a punk fan PD, I never realised   I like a bit of The Clash and love Town Called Malice but that's the Jam......are they classed as punk?

24/02/2014 at 17:20

Tracey, probably not, but definetely classed as good.

Anyone else remember Graham Parker and the Rumour, another of my all time favourites.

24/02/2014 at 17:28

Sorry can't help you on that one Punk....maybe before my time (I'm only 27!) or out of my league 

24/02/2014 at 17:41

I used to listen to an entire Opera when I was sitting on the tractor cutting the grass. I't the only time I get the chance to listen to one in its entirety in one " sitting "

24/02/2014 at 17:57

Janis Joplin anyone?, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations...all good for dancing to.

24/02/2014 at 17:57

I remember them pd. Not a fan but I think my ex husband quite  liked them. He was keen on punk too although I wasn't but we had lots of common ground in music  -Neil Young, Tom Petty, Queen etc. I like some songs - Should I stay or should I go? is a great song.

Weren't the seventies a strange decade? Singer songwriters and glam rock at the beginning and punk at the end - with disco sandwiched in between - heaven help us! ...

I love that picture I have in my head now Hostafan  Do you sing the arias? 

24/02/2014 at 18:03

Fg., love Neil Young, After the Goldrush a classic. Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Also do you know the unplugged version of The Needle and the Damage Done. 

24/02/2014 at 18:06

Ooh you've all lost me now LOL 

24/02/2014 at 18:07

Fairygirl. Over the noise of the engine, mercifully nobody can hear me. lol

24/02/2014 at 18:10

Classic songs pdoc. My sis used to play Needle when she was a student! Southern Man and Birds also big faves for me .  After the Goldrush is my favourite Neil Young album. Saw him many years ago in Glasgow and he was brilliant. He's not really appreciated enough here. Watched a great concert recently on tv from about 8/9 years ago. It's a wonder he's survived this long! Joni's 'Circle Game' is about him.

24/02/2014 at 18:16

Hostafan 

Tracey - Neil Young is one of the greats. Did all the bad stuff and survived thankfully - just like James Taylor. Needle and the Damage Done is about addiction. Great writer, does his own thing and a big influence on many of today's s.songwriters. 

24/02/2014 at 18:26

Dire striats--- Romeo& Juliet,  or Brothers in arms, Money for nothing.-- Kenny Rogers--Lady. Neil Young-Harvest.

Temptations, Smokey Robinson............

Quite like--One Republic--Counting Stars.

KEF
24/02/2014 at 20:19

Nazareth "Broken down Angel" saw them live only a few years ago Dan still vocalist but son on lead guitar.

Thin Lizzy "Emerald"

Meatloaf " Two out of three aint bad"

Queen

Free / Bad company.

Rod, most things. 

Barbra Striesand  

Anything by Andrea Bocelli so lovely I want to

Alfie Boe, when he wears jeans, a leather belt and "rocks" 

The list is endless. Best to iron to is Dr. Hook love songs.

24/02/2014 at 20:30

Fairy just reminded me of this one----I will survive. Yes Kef loads of Rod Stewart and of course Elvis , Thin Lizzy...Whisky in the jar.....oh loads and loads I cant think of at the mo 

24/02/2014 at 20:38

You can go your own way 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38240.jpeg?width=133&height=200&mode=max

61 to 80 of 549 messages