Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

My adventures in my garden 2017 part 2.

I don;t know where my thread has got to but cannot conjure it up any more so this will be it now. Lovely day for gardening .imageimageimageimageimageimage

Lots of flowers and blossom on the trees - all very pretty.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

I've bumped it up for you image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Ho there she is image

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

Marion, I have been wondering where you are?!

lovely photos as always!

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Son no2 came to Easter Sunday dinner and worked all afternoon in my garden.  I have vistas now  I have not seen for some time.  The green wheeliebin is chocabloc.  The Easter bunny had visited my garden when i got up this morning so now have chocolate to eat.image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Pleased to see you again Marion.

Drizzle all day so no chance of gardening.  Very useful to get some help from your son.

SW Scotland
  • Managed to do a miniscule amount of weeding this morning. Sunny but the wind was bitterly cold. Rediscovered the asparagus I started  from seed last year, looks as if I have lost some of the roots and a pot of lily of the valley sent  to me by me sister. Each pip appears to be flowering, to my joy. I also unearthed the Florence fennel I left in over the winter. I put an old shower screen over it for protection. Two of the roots have gone to plant heaven but a third has flourished and has several bulbs on it. The new apple tree has masses of buds on it and the globe artichokes look lovely with their silver foliage.

My newly acquired dog is learning what it is like to live with a garden, he is also learning not to chase my cat! He and I are on a very steep vertical learning curve.

Good evening Joyce and welcome.  Please do not take this the wrong way. I don't know if you have seen Happy Marion's blog about her Bristol Garden  but this is a continuation of it.My apologies if you already knew that and Marion will also welcome you.

There is a Thread   "Has anyone done any gardening today?" where people post what they have been up to in their gardens which may also interest you.

Sorry Marion if I'm intruding.

SW Scotland
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

All a bit of a muddle now my original thread has disappeared, Joyce 21!  No worries.  It will untangle itself eventually!

thanks Marion.   Hoping for a dry day tomorrow.  I think the field mice have had more of my tulip bulbs than I first thought. The blighters.

SW Scotland
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Good morning , lovely day but I bet it is cold 

Found your new thread , have a good dayimage