London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
7 messages
01/05/2012 at 18:50

I have been watching the birds in my garden today and for the first time I have seen two baby Robins. I watched as both parents were were feeding both of them. What a joy is was to watch. As you can see I managed to get a photo of one. The garden has been really busy birds today and when the sun came out this afternoon there seemed to be even more. These tiny birds work so hard to keep their babies alive it is just such an amazing thing to watch and really gives you a warm glow.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/7228.jpg?width=278&height=350&mode=max

01/05/2012 at 18:53

My husband and I take immense joy in watching the wildlife in our garden. The baby birds are just so cute.

01/05/2012 at 21:11

Fantastic picture donutsmrs.  Never seen a baby robin before.  It's really good to see.

01/05/2012 at 21:21

Gorgeous picture! I see you have transformed into a Westie. My youngster had her first haircut recently so I kept some of the hair which is now placed in bushes around the garden. We have blackbirds and dunnocks building so I like to think their nests might be lined with something soft and white.

01/05/2012 at 21:31

I combed and washed my Lab twice a year on the patio and I'm not joking how much hair used to come out! That's one thing I don't miss, although I also left fluffy piles of it around for the birds. I guess you can also compost it, I never thought of that at the time.

01/05/2012 at 21:34

Hello donutsmrs,

Thanks for the photo. I know exactly what you mean. I love watching the birds in the garden. A few days ago I saw a blackbird feeding his baby.

Where I work some sort of birds,I think house martins have nested for the 2nd year running. I can hear the babies chirping & open the window, look up a couple of feet   and see the parents fly in & out of the nest. Just brilliant

01/05/2012 at 21:36

What a little sweetie! My day was made this morning watching a mother blackbird feeding her chick on our lawn, while dad kept watch from a tree! Didn't have the camera to hand though

email image
7 messages