Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

New Forum

Would anyone be interested in starting a new forum?

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Hi David.

I am really hoping that the forum will be fixed, as I would really like us all stay together.

If this does not happen, and enough people want it, then your idea might be, the only solution.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I wouldn't know where to start. The last breakaway group have a forum, but I can't say I'm keen.

This is the only forum I have ever belonged to, and now it's broken.image

I can't keep using a site that is hurting me physically.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

I would join.

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

I think we need to give the team a chance to sort things out before we jump ship 

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I'm like doc- I'm giving it a chance because I don't want to  lose the lovely community I've been part of for over three years. image

Can I recommend looking at the new thread Nora's started showing the issues they've  taken  into account and will hopefully resolve.

I've darkened the background colour on my laptop by using the 'fn' and 'f5' keys. I found it glarey too, and I don't have sight issues.  It seems to help a bit so perhaps it will resolve it slightly for anyone who finds it far too dazzling. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

I dont want us to break up, I too have been here long enough to consider myself in the midst of friends who share my love of gardening   Will give it a week ?

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150
    fidgetbones says:

This is the only forum I have ever belonged to, and now it's broken.image

See original post

Me too fidget. image

Lots of regulars missing today and people asking for recommendations of other forums.

Feeling like I may log on one morning to find everyone's b*ggered off somewhere else.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

David I would be no help in starting a Forum. I would join if you are involved. I just hope it doesn't have to come to that. I will also give it a week.  

• When I suggested a new forum, I had in mind something like this: http://www.garden-friends.co.uk/

Not difficult to set up, but needs commitment to administer.