Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

new job

After a marriage breakup  me having to move into a flat and give up my garden

I have got myself a new job as a supervisor in a new garden centre which is opening in my area.

Think it will be the best job in the world. I will be getting paid for something I love very much.

• Congratulations!!! Let this be a new and fresh start, and your new life blooms like all the lovely flowers you'll be taking care of image

• fab news, hope its as good as you imagine, please keep us posted on it, what are you looking forward to most? image

• Bekkie I am looking forward to doing my own displays. I am changing the way plants are displayed in garden centres.

I will not be displaying plants the way garden centres do now.

My displays will show the customers what the plants will look like when planted together with different plants.

• its lovely to hear someone looking forward to their work, good idea with your displays, i only commented to a friend today that i was uninspired by a trip to my local GC image

• Sounds exciting- best of luck with itimage

Wearside, England.
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Congratulations on getting such a lovely job Dannyboy.  I wish you all the best.  I am sure your enthusiasm will filter through to the rest of your colleagues and on to your customers.image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Best wishes Danny image

• O Danny boy, the plants, the plants are calling........good luck in your new job and I hope (if the powers that be allow) that you may post some of your displays for us to see. image

• Dannyboy - brilliant news!  And what a creative idea - best of luck for the future image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.