London (change)
Wed °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
21 to 39 of 39 messages
13/10/2012 at 15:50

I too have missed Nigel and was sad to hear that he may be poorly.  Get well soon Nigel.  My dog, Angus, watches GW with me and when Nigel appears he runs to the TV and barks.  He also loves the chickens and can hear the birds singing in the background. 

Love to Nigel and hope to see him on TV again soon, he is the star of the show.

13/10/2012 at 23:58

My husband never refers to "Gardeners' World" now, it's always "The Nigel Show."

We do hope that he is alright, he's a real scene-stealer! 

Unusual name for a dog, though.......

14/10/2012 at 09:09

Yes we love Nigel too, our late muched loved cat was called Ralph, and my daughters do is Henry.

Hope Nigel is back soon - perhaps MD will tell us this week what has been the trouble, hope it's not bad news.

14/10/2012 at 10:00

Less dog - more gardening!!

14/10/2012 at 10:57
I don't think that Nigel detracts from the gardening Lowenna, I think that he rather adds to the general cosy feel of the programme. Just wish we had more than half an hour weekly, surely an hour a week wouldn't be too much to ask for?
14/10/2012 at 12:02
Patrevlil wrote (see)
I don't think that Nigel detracts from the gardening Lowenna, I think that he rather adds to the general cosy feel of the programme. Just wish we had more than half an hour weekly, surely an hour a week wouldn't be too much to ask for?

This is a recurring topic that has been discussed here and elsewhere at some length-the chances of getting longer/more gardening programmes on tv or radio are close to slim-and I know there are too many antique, home/house, cookery programmes but gardening for some reason is bottom of the list

No idea why- but it is a fact of life

14/10/2012 at 14:06
I agree sotongeoff, it does seem to be a fact of life but that doesn't mean we can't continue to have a moan about it! You never know, maybe someone in the "know" will have a rethink and actually extend our one and only gardening programme.
14/10/2012 at 14:59
There is also the wonderful Beechgrove Garden which can be found on the iplayer though the series is just finishing for this year.
20/10/2012 at 09:52

Glad to hear the good news about Nigel, but it's also a long time since we last saw the pigs......should we be directing our concern towards them???

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/porkpie.gif

20/10/2012 at 16:55
break23 wrote (see)

Oh! David K, the silence is overwhelming.  That beautiful pie is making me very hungry.

Shame on you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExCByqi0NU&feature=fvwrel

20/10/2012 at 17:09

I've been following the Nigel threads, I do genuinely have to ask what is the good news?

20/10/2012 at 17:33

Last time we saw Nigel he was playing with the apples in the orchard maybe he ate too many perhaps he has more sense than to hang about in the rain or they dont pay him wet weather money.

20/10/2012 at 17:34
20/10/2012 at 17:48

thanks, I missed that

04/11/2012 at 09:43

I'm so glad Nigel was back on the screen and do hope his back injury improves.   He adds such a gentleness to the programme.   His eyes looked a little unwell - poor lad.   Keep warm Nigel and tell your dad to look after you.

Yes, gardening and garden centres are such a massive industry and it's a great hobby for many of the population and yet, we are given 30 mins per week and half of that is Carol walking round somewhere and not much information.  I used to love watching Geoff Hamilton -  his genuine love and enthusiasm was infectious.   The BBC must have a young newby taken over the Dept????

Keep warm Nigel.

04/11/2012 at 10:12

Baby Nigel:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/Nigel.jpg

04/11/2012 at 13:37

Lovely adorable pic.   Please could you send him to me ????   Lol.

09/11/2012 at 21:22

Lovely to see Nigel returned to health! Very, very depressed to hear that tonights programme was the last one of the year!!!!!! Come on BBC - it's just not good enough! What am I to do on Friday night without my GW fix? Gardening and horticulture is a massive subject, and deserves to have much more attention.

09/11/2012 at 21:33
David K - that photo made me 'ahhhhhh' out loud! So lovely to see Nigel tonight ; and nice Barnett Monty! Very tidy up top. Going to miss GW so much.
email image
21 to 39 of 39 messages