London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
1 to 20 of 76 messages
05/04/2013 at 12:22

I have always believed that ANY company can make a mistake, we are "all" human.

I Believe the way it is Rectified is the way to judge that same Company.

I have now Stopped using Thompson and Morgan due to their totall lack of responce to a problem with an order that I placed with them.

I had orderd a tray of "Plugs" which when they arrived were almost all dead.!

I wrote to Thompson and Morgan with "No Responce"

I telephoned them and was told the plants would be replaced, nothing arrived.

I telephoned again, got a "Very Rude" lady, eventually I put the phone down.

I then sent an e.mail, every day for 56 days with not one reply.....

But I did receive a "Replacement Pack" 2 months later with no letter or any kind of communication.

Obviously this was far too late for my planed layout.

A large number of my Allotment Buddies feel the same about Thompson and Morgan due to their own idividual problems.

05/04/2013 at 12:28

They are only human-but I find the way to approach these companies is to calm down and use a light heated measured approach

You wrote-should have phoned straight away

Then you slam the phone down-dont forget that is a real person you spoke to-not a machine she was trying to help- you got angry

Then to send an -e-mail every day-bound to be ignored after day 4

Not saying you are wrong to complain- but there are different ways-more gentle ways

Probably not what you were wanting to hear

05/04/2013 at 12:37

macks-boy Yes it would be good but no doubt some people are happy with Thompson & Morgan like any company you get good and bad products and in flowers it must be hard because of the weather & delivery.However there is NO excuse for lack of customer care and after sales in any company it would be good to have a board where members can post just like this add company name.

Example        Positive                                                  Negitive

B&Q                                                        Homebase 

05/04/2013 at 12:50

Like anything people are swift to point out bad service-but slow to praise good or if it come up to standard

So will get a load who will say this company didn't do this or that-well others are quite happy but cannot be bothered to say or argue

Dont buy much from T&M myself-but they are a market leader -did not get to that stage by selling constant rubbish

As always you get what you pay for

05/04/2013 at 12:58
Any company can make a mistake - it is what they do to rectify it that counts in my opinion.
I had ordered 2 lots of Lilies fron Van Meuwen and a collection of Lilies fron Thompson and Morgan. They are the same company by he way.
3packages arrived on the same day -each with a substitution voucher for ??5.00 and 20 ChinaGirl Lily bulbs instead of the ones I had ordered. I really didn't want 60 Lilies of the same variety so phoned Thompson and Morgan and said how disappointed I was. The outcome was that I was sent a different collection of Lily bulbs,I could keep the China Girl lilies and the 3 ??5.00 vouchers and they also gave me a complete refund. I would say this is good customer service when something has gone wrong.
I buy lots of plants through mail order and on the rare occasion when I have needed to complain I have always been happy with the way my complaints have been dealt with.
Pam LL x
05/04/2013 at 13:05
iPad won't ' let me put five pounds - keeps putting ??5.00. !!!!
05/04/2013 at 13:37

Think you must have used the key word lilylouise - 'disapointed'.  Someone on a differnet thread said they always get a better response/more positive outcome when making a complaint by using the word 'disappointed'.  Probably also helps to be calm and polite as Sotongeoff says.  A degree of patience is also required as these large companies are dealing with huge numbers of customers and in these days of cut back probs don't have sufficient staff to deal.  Just an opionion.

05/04/2013 at 13:38

Reply to  SOTONGEOFF.!

To start with:-

I HAVE NEVER BEEN IMPOLITE TO ANY PERSON WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SORT A PROBLEM...!!!

As having been in the retail trade most of my life, I know how it can feel being accused of something that you are NOT in control of.

I have ordered many products from different companies, there have been good and bad things happen, but usually after a letter or telephone call, the problems is solved.

Not with Thompson and Morgan, the lady who I spoke with was Downright Rude from the word go.

Also I did not slam the telephone down on her, I told her as she was being so rude I was going to end my call.

As for not writing or sending emails. What are these services to be used for...???

05/04/2013 at 13:41

Shouting at posters certainly isn't going to help you either.

Have you tried anger management services?

05/04/2013 at 13:44
macks-boy wrote (see)

Reply to  SOTONGEOFF.!

To start with:-

I HAVE NEVER BEEN IMPOLITE TO ANY PERSON WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SORT A PROBLEM...!!!

As having been in the retail trade most of my life, I know how it can feel being accused of something that you are NOT in control of.

I have ordered many products from different companies, there have been good and bad things happen, but usually after a letter or telephone call, the problems is solved.

Not with Thompson and Morgan, the lady who I spoke with was Downright Rude from the word go.

Also I did not slam the telephone down on her, I told her as she was being so rude I was going to end my call.

As for not writing or sending emails. What are these services to be used for...???

Calm down dear-and stop shouting

05/04/2013 at 13:47

LorraineP

"Disapointed" was in my first letter to Thompson and Morgan, I actually started by saying: "I'm Sorry to Report"...

I have tried to copy and paste my original letter to them onto here but am unable.

As for "Patience"

I believe that waiting for 4 months before getting the plugs I had ordered which were then of no use to me is more than Patient...!!!

05/04/2013 at 13:48

Maybe Macks-boy doesn't reasize that CAPS = shouting in forums.

We used T&M for the first time this year. We got a partial delivery a few weeks ago and another yesterday of fuchsia plugs. all top  condition.

J. Parkers on the other hand send me a free packet of 10 Hostas with my order wich proved to only be 8. When I emailed to advise that there were only 8 they stated they had packed 10. Im not to bothered with that though as they were free but if it were any of the paid items I would complain.

All in all i find that with anything else you get what you give, so if you are polite you usually are treated the same way back.

05/04/2013 at 13:49

Attn;- Miss Becks

I don't understand what you mean by shouting at posters...???

05/04/2013 at 13:51

I'm just joshing with you macks. When you post in capital letters, it normally means you are shouting to get your point across.

05/04/2013 at 13:54

Would appear you have done all you could then - is the battle still worth fighting - I'd just not use them again.  Here's hoping in another 4 months you get a sympathetic letter of apology and some compensation. 

05/04/2013 at 14:21
I have to say its only been recently that i realised capital letters means shouting on the forum. I know when I used capitals it was to emphasise points made.
I understand the frustration of macks-boy....he aired this correctly here only to be told he is "shouting".
Because capital letters are used it does not mean, and should not be seen as, shouting and we fellow gardeners should empathise instead.

"less is more" macks-boy. To complain is correct. Complain to the manager or ask to speak to someone in charge...to take responsibility. Express disappointment, never anger. Also realise those persons you complain to are ordinary people too just doing their jobs. I'm pretty good at it now....only because being angry was how I used to behave myself in my younger days and realised it doesnt really work. Also I have been involved with CAB among others etc and have learned that FIRM.....oops! shouting again!.....diplomatic, tactful complaints are more effective. We all learn in life, but too many letters, emails etc would likely be ignored, macks-boy, unfortunately.
I would write again....just one more time...to THE MANAGER. Express your disappointment with their service, accept you may have over-reacted but feel let down by T & M. Their replacement arrived too late. The effective phrase to use is "unfit for purpose". Ask that the manager reinforces your faith in T & M by addressing this issue more favourably.
Good luck macks-boy. Let us know how you get on, ok?
05/04/2013 at 14:30
Verdun wrote (see)
I have to say its only been recently that i realised capital letters means shouting on the forum. I know when I used capitals it was to emphasise points made.
I understand the frustration of macks-boy....he aired this correctly here only to be told he is "shouting".

seconded. thats what I meant when I said maybe he doesn't realise CAPS= shouting in forums.

05/04/2013 at 14:35

And underlining words and !!!! to another poster just because they do not agree with you is also downright rude

Perhaps macks-boy feels better now

05/04/2013 at 14:47

For all those who purchase and are not happy. Remember to include in any correspondence whether its verbal or written.

Trade Descriptions act - match their description and are good quality

Sales of good Act - fit their desription, good working order, fit for purpose. (this is a good one to remember though)

These short sentences often moves traders butts faster.

Knowing your rights is vital and making sure you TELL them so, does too ! DONT FORGET

05/04/2013 at 14:55

I have to confess I have a habit of !!!!! I get excited, therefore get a bit carried away with myself when writing. lol

I personally dont see capitals as shouting like...I use them for emphasis of important words. Just saying, don't jump down my neck...ppppplease. 

1 to 20 of 76 messages