Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Outdoor Christmas lights

I would love to put some Christmas/fairy lights around an archway in our garden Electrical requirements already sorted. But I've never been able to find what I want! Can anyone help? I'd like them to be white/ silver and I don't want them to flash (gives me a headache! All ideas welcome.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

The lights that flash always have a "static" option, so don't discount them. Larger garden centres often have a good selection.

• Definitely head for a big garden centre - I know that Notcutts have a huge range (other garden centres are available image)

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Surely Christmas Lights are available-well everywhere-probably every 3rd shop-supermarkets sell them ,Argos Wiliknsons,I could go on.....................

• Yes Geoff, you're right there are loads out there, but if you're picky about what you want them to look like, as we are and obviously Berkley is, you have to shop around image......

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

Your comments were appreciated chrissieb, Alina W and Dovefromabove. I am not stupid, sotongeoff and am well aware that lights are available "everywhere". I'm going to start early this year and hopefully find just what I want. I simply wanted to know whether anyone had already found them.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

So I take it I don't get a thankyou thenimage-don't remember saying you were stupid btw-but they are still available virtually everywhere and have been for at least 2 months

Happy hunting

• Berkley wrote (see)

Your comments were appreciated chrissieb, Alina W and Dovefromabove. I am not stupid, sotongeoff and am well aware that lights are available "everywhere". I'm going to start early this year and hopefully find just what I want. I simply wanted to know whether anyone had already found them.

Hurrumph!  That seems a bit rude to me image

• Yep - slightly!   but hey ho, it takes all sorts.  Try not to get bothered and carry on regardless eh?

I know this isn't the subject of lights, but I go to the £1 stores and buy a box of baubles to decorate some of the trees and can just throw them away after the new year.

Enjoy