Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Palaisglide

When you stopped posting I was worried & I started a thread - but nobody had heard anything of you.

I don't get a lot of time to come on here now unfortunately but I'm really pleased that you're still hale & hearty & still enjoying your garden & giving good advice.

Sorry I couldn't send you a personal message, but it won't work - there's no box to type into!image

Cheers, Jean. image                                             

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

It is good to see Frank back isn't it? image  Giving us the benefit of all his experience image

Re PMs - Daniel has alerted the support team and they are looking into it - there is a short term solution for PMs so look out for Daniel's thread about them. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks for the notification about PMs Dove - I've ever only sent 3 & of course sod's law says that the facility won't be working when I want to send one!!image

I'll look out for Daniel's thread.

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Highland Jeannie and Dove, Thank you for the kind thoughts and must admit never thought any one would miss me.

It was two PM's that gave me the heads up the ladies seemed worried so I replied on PM's then it broke so blame me.

Been busy on local History and family history, my lot suddenly discovered whilst looking through the family albums they did not know half the people in them hence the long hours of writing and printing photo's explanations and family trees, they have all disappeared to Blackpool this week and will be dancing in the Tower Ballroom later. Something else they have discovered, they never wanted to know when Joan and I danced, old hat they said as they gyrated around their hand bags to the latest boy band fashion?? now they all go to dancing class which lead to Cruises and Hotel dance sessions with live bands, they now realise what they missed.

All things come around as they say and watching my family turn into mum and dad late in their lives makes me smile secretly.

Frank.

• Hi Frank, I, too, am interested in family & local history & it does take up an awful lot of time!!image

I enjoy dancing but my type is Scottish Country - great fun, very sociable & good exercise!  - Must go, got things to do before the dance tonight.image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Highland Jeannie,

I have written a PM to you as a trial it all worked and has gone off so check it out and see, you should get a heads up notice from GW.

Frank.